Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kickstarter and Indie GoGo (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Captain Disco A New Disco (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181422)

paul brian deberry 07-02-2019 05:38 PM

Captain Disco A New Disco

I will be launching my first Kickstarter campaign in the next week or two. I figured I would start a thread and drum up a little hype.

Captain Disco A New Disco isn't a comic book but a novella. It was mostly written by Joie Simmons and yours truly. It's taken us nearly three years to put together the Disco universe. Captain Disco A New Disco is our love child and was born out of our love for Star Wars (even the prequels), Original Series Star Trek and comic books.
Everyone that stops by and says 'hi' will get a chance at winning a printed copy of the book. Anyone interested in reading a preview of the book send me a PM and I will get that to you.

If enough people stop by someone could win a printed copy of the book and a poster of the cover.

Captain Disco A New Disco is set in a universe, not unlike ours, thousands of years into the offensive future. CAPTAIN DISCO A NEW DISCO is a sci-fi space opera, about a girl, her beloved starship, her queer alien co-pilot, a gangsta alien shrimp and the man they all call frienemy Captain Bingo Disco.
If this story was a movie it would be 'Rated R'

Ask me anything related or not about Captain Disco A New Disco

pandayboss 07-04-2019 10:27 AM

Yaayyy! Looking forward to seeing the complete pages.:carrot::carrot::thumbs: Would there be illustration inserts or just plain prose?

paul brian deberry 07-08-2019 08:03 PM

Prose. Just a simple book.

paul brian deberry 07-08-2019 08:04 PM

Will be launching the Kickstarter next week. Very excited.

JoieSimmons 07-09-2019 12:04 PM

I think we passed the "novella" mark and into full-fledged "NOVEL" when we passed 80,000 words.

pandayboss 07-09-2019 02:33 PM

Awww! You could have asked me before to do you an illustration of Cap'n Disco at least for insert in the book. But it's too late now! :) Good luck on the Kickstarter campaign!:bounce::carrot::carrot:

paul brian deberry 07-10-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandayboss (Post 1881416)
Awww! You could have asked me before to do you an illustration of Cap'n Disco at least for insert in the book. But it's too late now! :) Good luck on the Kickstarter campaign!:bounce::carrot::carrot:

Whoa! Whoa! It's never too late.

paul brian deberry 07-10-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoieSimmons (Post 1881414)
I think we passed the "novella" mark and into full-fledged "NOVEL" when we passed 80,000 words.

You're disqualified from this contest.

pandayboss 07-12-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul brian deberry (Post 1881434)
Whoa! Whoa! It's never too late.

PB, send me a pdf copy of the book and I'll come with an illustration for you. Send it to me at pandayboss@yahoo.com. Thanks buddy!:happy:

paul brian deberry 07-12-2019 05:27 PM

Excellent. Will do!!