Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creator Community (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Shipping Question for Canadians (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182004)

Ingrid K. V. Hardy 06-19-2020 08:52 AM

Shipping Question for Canadians

For the Canadians here, which company do you use for shipping? Now that I've got something that will need shipping anywhere (approx 3 or fewer pounds), I've just discovered shipping is EXPENSIVE!

I've been using the online CanadaPost app for shipping flat mailers for my cards, but now I'll be shipping a book in a box. It'll cost about $1500 to ship them all! 😨

Does anyone have advice...? :happy:

pandayboss 06-30-2020 12:32 PM

Yes...it's so expensive to ship anywhere in Canada. Same in my province of Alberta...it's not cheap. Not only they'd go with the weight but also the measurement of the package per cost. For example, a slim 11X17 envelope cost much cheaper than a heavy and large box.

I usually add the shipping cost to the order so you're not spending any amount in shipping. What I did before I process the order, I'd go to a post office and ask for rate per item. No other way around to save for sure.

Randy Stone 08-25-2020 02:03 AM

I just read about chitchats.com this morning. While I haven't looked into them yet, it seemed like you can save a lot sending internationally through them.

L Jamal 08-28-2020 09:18 AM

If you have a substantial number in the US, then having a US based fulfilment company could help.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy 09-17-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandayboss (Post 1884724)
Yes...it's so expensive to ship anywhere in Canada. Same in my province of Alberta...it's not cheap. Not only they'd go with the weight but also the measurement of the package per cost. For example, a slim 11X17 envelope cost much cheaper than a heavy and large box.

I usually add the shipping cost to the order so you're not spending any amount in shipping. What I did before I process the order, I'd go to a post office and ask for rate per item. No other way around to save for sure.

I just discover sending the same size package in a flatter bubble mailer costs much less than a box. Who knew. However I have very little confidence in a bubble mailer... It's almost the only option, though, when shipping to... well... anywhere outside of North America. Outside of NA, shipping STARTS at $50 (from Canada) just for regular air mail... :eek:

Ingrid K. V. Hardy 09-17-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Stone (Post 1884971)
I just read about chitchats.com this morning. While I haven't looked into them yet, it seemed like you can save a lot sending internationally through them.

Will take a look!

Before finishing my project, I did look into UPS, FEDEX, CanadaPost (which is what I finally used), and Shipstation. Best options for the next go around are likely looking at better boxing/envelope solutions.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy 09-17-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L Jamal (Post 1884980)
If you have a substantial number in the US, then having a US based fulfilment company could help.

The majority went to the US (about 70 or so packages). To the US isn't so bad...