Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   DW Group Project (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   NEXT project. what would it even be? (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180241)

Steven Forbes 05-12-2018 11:55 AM

I've been giving this some thought.

DW: Songs

It wouldn't necessarily be a music video on paper, but a story with actual dialogue. The framing sequence could be a DJ spinning all kinds of records.

I'm seeing it as a music video that actually visualizes the story of the song. No song lyrics, but the dialogue that would have been said if there weren't song lyrics over all the action.

This gives the writers something to do, and everyone has fun.

Just an idea.

(And to be honest, since there are multiple songs that people love, this could actually go in volumes if people wished. Just another thought.)

jeffchris50 05-13-2018 10:30 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, thatís the approach I was sort of thinking about when I suggested songs. I think there are plenty of pieces of music out there that have a strong enough narrative thread to build a 6-8 page story around with plenty to do for both writer and artist. Itís all a matter of how you approach what youíre adapting, IMHO.

eDuke 06-27-2018 12:46 AM

Please don't let this die.

paul brian deberry 06-27-2018 06:09 PM

Personally, I think we should go the route of the last one. Pick someone like Judge Dredd, Jason Vorhes, Swamp Thing, Constante, Tank Girl, and drop them in an out of a different situation.

There is no need to change a thing.

jeffchris50 06-27-2018 08:49 PM

I've got an idea for another project but I'm not sure how interested in it people would be. Basically it's doing an anthology of old, public domain pulp characters and eventually having their stories interweave until they all meet up to fight a "big bad", kinda of coming together like a less super-powered version of The Avengers. If anyone is interested in something like that, I can post the synopsis I'm writing along with a list of characters to use. I'm still mulling over whether they should stay back in their time period or whether they should be updated to modern times....

12013 06-27-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDuke (Post 1875709)
Please don't let this die.

I agree. I just thought since the last one just got finished, people might want a breather. BUT..that doesn't mean people cant talk ideas about what to do.

honestly..thats the biggest challenge...is coming up with an idea that is interesting enough that everyone will want to be involved in. that's why I think the set up of the last one..where the character gets sent to wherever the writer decides, makes for all kinds of interesting ideas.

and sorta like Jeff CHRIS says...using public domain characters might be a way to go..so that we CAN print up books if we so choose...and put all our names on it. do a crownfunder thing if we want.

everyone did such a good job on the HELLBOY thing... I really want to see printed books of that even just for us creators on the book (which could still be an option...we were discussing it..)

but yeah...maybe we should consider using characters that don't have legal ownership hindering us.

thoughts..???

rob

paul brian deberry 06-27-2018 09:48 PM

There is no hindrance. There is nothing stopping you from printing the Hellboy story. You just can not sell it.

paul brian deberry 06-27-2018 09:52 PM

Personally, I just want to do something fun. The Hellboy stuff was fun.

I would rather do another story with a character like Hellboy. It gives you cooler story options.

Duane Korslund 06-28-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchris50 (Post 1875752)
I've got an idea for another project but I'm not sure how interested in it people would be. Basically it's doing an anthology of old, public domain pulp characters and eventually having their stories interweave until they all meet up to fight a "big bad", kinda of coming together like a less super-powered version of The Avengers. If anyone is interested in something like that, I can post the synopsis I'm writing along with a list of characters to use. I'm still mulling over whether they should stay back in their time period or whether they should be updated to modern times....

i think this is a great idea!

jeffchris50 06-28-2018 10:46 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, Duane. Glad you like the idea. Lots of cool, unused characters out there who haven’t seen the light of day in some cases in decades. There are a few which would likely have to be tweaked and massaged a bit to meet with contemporary ideals/thinking so as not to offend anyone, but, by and large, a lot of them are perfectly useable in the way they were created.

sevans 06-28-2018 03:25 PM

DJ Demonic and his Rock n Roll tales of Darkness.

Morganza 06-28-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans (Post 1875785)
DJ Demonic and his Rock n Roll tales of Darkness.

I like that!

Scribbly 06-28-2018 04:06 PM

Public domain characters. That's the way to go :thumbs: