Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creator Community (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Template for Writing Script (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182304)

pandayboss 03-31-2021 11:32 AM

Template for Writing Script
 
Question for writers: Is there an industry standard template for writing script that can be downloaded for FREE?

The reason I asked is because I've seen scripts through the years that I've worked in the industry, the scripts I received are pretty much the same format either from different publishers. I would like to take a stab on scripting of some of my short stories.

Really appreciate your support. Thank you.:)

Lovecraft13 03-31-2021 06:53 PM

Dario, you can look into a writing program called Scrivener. It's almost a hybrid of Word and Final Draft, but it also features templates for comic book scripts.

However, I have always used the Dark Horse format, which is clean and easy to use: lowercase panel descriptions, dialogue in all caps. I've seen some write their panels in all caps and it I don't know how anyone can read that without going mad. I'm sure you're well-versed with DH stuff. given the old Star Wars days.

I don't think there is really one industry standard. I haven't come across one. As long as the information is clearly understood by the team, that'd be most important.

Lovecraft13 03-31-2021 06:55 PM

And you can also refer to this reference website for script samples, in case you more examples.

https://www.comicsexperience.com/scripts

pandayboss 04-02-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovecraft13 (Post 1885759)
Dario, you can look into a writing program called Scrivener. It's almost a hybrid of Word and Final Draft, but it also features templates for comic book scripts.

However, I have always used the Dark Horse format, which is clean and easy to use: lowercase panel descriptions, dialogue in all caps. I've seen some write their panels in all caps and it I don't know how anyone can read that without going mad. I'm sure you're well-versed with DH stuff. given the old Star Wars days.

I don't think there is really one industry standard. I haven't come across one. As long as the information is clearly understood by the team, that'd be most important.


I've checked out Scrivener and I don't think I'm in that level to subscribe. :har: I'm also checking my Dark Horse copies of the script form my Star Wars days. That should be helpful to get started. Thanks Joshua!

pandayboss 04-02-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovecraft13 (Post 1885760)
And you can also refer to this reference website for script samples, in case you more examples.

https://www.comicsexperience.com/scripts

Thanks as well, I checked this site and really have helpful tips and samples. I did googled some FREE download and I hit one professional writer's website. There was a script sample that was formatted that I downloaded for free. It's pretty much what I'm looking for. Again, appreciate for your helpful information.

Lovecraft13 04-02-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandayboss (Post 1885761)
I've checked out Scrivener and I don't think I'm in that level to subscribe. :har: I'm also checking my Dark Horse copies of the script form my Star Wars days. That should be helpful to get started. Thanks Joshua!

I did give Scrivener a try, myself, but decided it was much easier to just use Word.

:carrot::banana::bounce:

pandayboss 04-08-2021 02:49 PM

You can't go wrong with Words. :D The good thin the template I got was formatted for Words so it's perfect!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1997-2015 Digital Webbing, LLC