Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   DW Group Project (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   NEXT project. what would it even be? (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180241)

12013 04-28-2018 03:06 PM

NEXT project. what would it even be?
 
now..not that this will even be a thing for a while...IF we decide to do anything...

but if we choose to start up another project... what could it possibly even be?

what would be a concept that intrigues all parties and gives enough flexibility and freedom to let all kinds of differing writers and artists creative control to do what would interest them but STILL come together as some kind of cohesive single story or some type.?

that's why I came up with the story/plot structure of the Hellboy project, where we all are doing the same character but having him able to meet up with literally anyone anywhere, therefor making it interesting (hopefully) to anyone involved.

so what could the next one be? another different indie character to focus on? matt wagners Grendel? Larsens Savage Dragon? Mcfarlanes Spawn? of course these are all superhere types and that may not appeal to everyone, but it probably appeals to most of us. but how could we make a project that everyone wants in on?

from an artistic point of view, I always thought it would be fun to gather several artists and have us all REdraw a horrible Liefeld book. cause, why not embarrass ourselves? I always thought about just trying this on my own, but then i thought it would be fun to have a bunch of us work on it. but this certainly wont appeal to everyone and definitely not writers cause theres nothing to do.. so.. forget I mentioned all that..

what about us all putting together an anthology book of our own short stories? hell..some of us probably might have stuff already good to go. it could be a DIGITALWEBBING anthology of creator owned short stories. put together in PDF, length may not matter. this idea appeals to me cause we could all show our own stories and ideas, from us creators from this site. so..maybe..

but I also VERY much like the idea of a single sorta cohesive story that has a singular character to focus on and we follow his/her/their adventure. just like the xmen projects(sorta) and very much like Hellboy.

what if we picked a FEMALE character as the main focus this time...? Laura Croft? Witchblade? Red Sonja? I don't know...

OR..we could hold a raffle, or contest for the writers, and have a winner of SOME type, and the winning writer gets to write an entire 24 page (or more) story and all us artists draw it in pages handed out in sections. we would still have to choose a character/story setting/ concept... lots to figure out. hell..we discussed this before, maybe we could CREATE a NEW character that's to be shared with all of Digitalwebbing, and this writer who wins the contest (or whatever) gets to write the first story. could be tricky to pull of but could be fun.

anyway...just thinking of FUTURE possibilities. and everyone here seems to have gone on SILENT now that the project has basically wrapped up. and I just want to keep things talking and alive.

looking forward to seeing what you all think...

ROB

jeffchris50 04-28-2018 06:14 PM

Believe it or not, Rob, the wheels in my brain have already been turning over the same idea. To quote Buffy the Vampire Slayer—-where do we go from here? There are far too many talented folks on these boards to let them languish in the hum-drummity of everyday life. I suppose a good starting point would be who would be up for doing another jam? I know I’m personally jazzed to write again and work with fellow contributors. Would a bi-annual jam be feasible or should it only be an annual shindig? Open to thoughts and/or suggestions.

Bishop 04-28-2018 06:27 PM

Iím up for something if we come up with a fun idea.

It might be cool to ďTales of...Ē sort of book. Like a collection of stories about a character that donít tie together necessarily.

Morganza 04-28-2018 06:39 PM

I am open to participate if the project is fun for me to do.

A few years ago I did a collaboration called Thunderbrawl, where we created our own characters to battle other creator owned characters, it was the most fun I ever had drawing.

Here's a link to those pages: http://blackpyramidstudios.blogspot....awl-pages.html

sevans 04-29-2018 02:03 AM

thunderbrawl....sounds interesting.

What about posters for films that don't exist. Eg: combine a few of your favourite films or make a crazy sequel.

12013 04-29-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morganza (Post 1874756)
I am open to participate if the project is fun for me to do.

A few years ago I did a collaboration called Thunderbrawl, where we created our own characters to battle other creator owned characters, it was the most fun I ever had drawing.

Here's a link to those pages: http://blackpyramidstudios.blogspot....awl-pages.html

well if we can get YOU on board, that will be a major win as far as I'm concerned. cause you are one of the best artists around here. I just went and looked at all those pages you linked to.. I forget how damn good you are sometimes. I'm telling you...hellboy meeting the Scooby gang, like you suggested would have been the best thing ever.

anyway..i hope we come up with a concept that you like enough to feel its worth the time. I agree that FUN is the key here.

rob

Duane Korslund 04-30-2018 07:21 AM

I like the "thunderbrawl" idea.
My .02 how about...Star Trek. Its diverse, lots of different characters across the timeline and we'd have to get technical drawing ships and such....

sevans 04-30-2018 07:26 AM

How about MOTU or something similar.
A horror anthology could be fun, but has probably been done to death (pun not intended).

12013 04-30-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane Korslund (Post 1874790)
I like the "thunderbrawl" idea.
My .02 how about...Star Trek. Its diverse, lots of different characters across the timeline and we'd have to get technical drawing ships and such....

HEY..you saw I threw Q in the end of the hellboy thing right?

I like this idea, tho I wonder if to many people would find it boring/less exciting than other stuff. I don't know. great idea tho..

rob

Duane Korslund 04-30-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1874794)
HEY..you saw I threw Q in the end of the hellboy thing right?

rob

Yep, that was awesome! Perfect book end.

12013 04-30-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans (Post 1874791)
How about MOTU or something similar.
A horror anthology could be fun, but has probably been done to death (pun not intended).

well considering ive been working on a He-man fan comic for years now off and on(portions of it up in the sequential area now) this idea sounds fun to ME. guess it depends on what others would think. everyone could have he-man battling a different villain/hero leading up to some big resolution of some type.

or it could be an 80's cartoon thing..with all the awesome shit from that era in a story.. could be fun...
if we do this one..MORGANZA...I nominate YOU to draw Jem and the Holograms!!! ha

jeffchris50 04-30-2018 03:02 PM

I dig the TREK anthology idea; lots of material there to mine for sure.

I had another thought whilst driving into work listening to toonage. How about an anthology of short stories based off favorite songs, popular and obscure. There are quite a few singer-songwriters out there who have tuned that have very strong narratives that would be great converted into a prose-and-art medium. Harry Chapin, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, The Doors and countless others have deep catalogs that could be delved into.

Duane Korslund 04-30-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchris50 (Post 1874798)
I dig the TREK anthology idea; lots of material there to mine for sure.

I had another thought whilst driving into work listening to toonage. How about an anthology of short stories based off favorite songs, popular and obscure. There are quite a few singer-songwriters out there who have tuned that have very strong narratives that would be great converted into a prose-and-art medium. Harry Chapin, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, The Doors and countless others have deep catalogs that could be delved into.

I've actually story boarded quite a few A Perfect Circle songs/Tool songs. That'd be pretty awesome.

Steven Forbes 04-30-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchris50 (Post 1874798)
I dig the TREK anthology idea; lots of material there to mine for sure.

I had another thought whilst driving into work listening to toonage. How about an anthology of short stories based off favorite songs, popular and obscure. There are quite a few singer-songwriters out there who have tuned that have very strong narratives that would be great converted into a prose-and-art medium. Harry Chapin, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, The Doors and countless others have deep catalogs that could be delved into.

To be honest, I have always thought that there is an ongoing series in Hotel California by The Eagles.

The song itself can be scenes to draw, and the place itself can be like a horror version of Fantasy Island. (Did I just date myself?)

jeffchris50 04-30-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Forbes (Post 1874802)
To be honest, I have always thought that there is an ongoing series in Hotel California by The Eagles.

The song itself can be scenes to draw, and the place itself can be like a horror version of Fantasy Island. (Did I just date myself?)

I hadn't thought of "Hotel California", but yeah, that has tons of potential right there. Almost like southern rock as penned by Stephen King! LOL!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1997-2015 Digital Webbing, LLC