Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creator Community (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Suggestion Time! (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180895)

pandayboss 03-09-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribbly (Post 1879493)
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofOSlsNz5I8

Haha. It's about whatever you want your story to be. Whatever you want to tell in different genres, is all up to you.

eDuke 03-09-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribbly (Post 1879493)
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!

It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.

12013 03-10-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDuke (Post 1879503)
It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.

see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?

pandayboss 03-10-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1879514)
see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?

That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.:D

What do you think, Eduke?

sevans 03-10-2019 05:25 PM

I second that idea good sir.

eDuke 03-12-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandayboss (Post 1879520)
That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.:D

What do you think, Eduke?

My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.

pandayboss 03-21-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDuke (Post 1879545)
My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.

I just thought that it would be a good idea to add a comics section in this forum so readers or subscribers can read comics for free. At the same time help showcase a lot frequent creators here, professional or novice alike, who'd like to show their works without going through the submission process like comixology or any other webcomics hubs. Plus it helps advertise DW if you'd get lots of visitors and exposures.

What about making it widescreen format instead so it's still good if one decides to go to print. This way it's full page format instead of half-page only? It was done before in GraphicSmash & WebComics Nation back in the days. It's horizontal 8.5X11 format. Would that fit?

http://www.pandaystudio.com/archive/...F-14_small.jpg

eDuke 03-23-2019 12:00 PM

See! I like that! That's what I was envisioning. But, you guys are ultimately in charge of how you want it presented. I'll create a sub-section on this site from the main page for "Online Comics by DW Forum Creators" and we can push 'em.