View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #243
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13 View Post
Hi guys. Gonna resurrect this old thread because I hope some DW'ers can help answer a nagging question of mine about paying the production team.

I'm in the early stages of planning my first comic book Kickstarter. For those who did this before, did you pay your art team out-of-pocket and then reimburse yourself after you obtained funding? Or did everyone produce the work for free, at first, after being presented with a budget breakdown, and then received payment post-funding?

Thanks.
From my experience through a couple of KS projects, I got paid for the work on the preview only pages. they are around 6-7 pages of fully inked work. I got paid after I invoice. Then when the campaign got funded, I continued on the rest of the pages and I got paid upon subsequent invoices until the book is done.

A new project I'm working on at the moment requires around 7 pages preview as well but the client asked me to continue on even if the campaign got funded or not.

I hope this helps, bro.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote