View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #71
RonaldMontgomery
Mass Transit Ethnographer

RonaldMontgomery is just really niceRonaldMontgomery is just really niceRonaldMontgomery is just really niceRonaldMontgomery is just really niceRonaldMontgomery is just really niceRonaldMontgomery is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod
I feel like a writing for comics class has to teach a writer how to take the continuous, fluid scenes and stories in his or her head and break them up into moments of time, so that's what we kind of focused on. I didn't want to get too derivative, and when it come to technique all you need is WATCHMEN and when it comes to theory all you need is UNDERSTANDING COMICS
Amazing...this information truly is amazing. I hope people realize this.

What interests me is the juxtaposition of moments in time in different scenes to heighten mood. Please see the attached page from Valentina. You have the interrogation of Valentina and her frantic loved ones, and just everything...clicks. The shots from behind Valentina as we face the interrogators with her, the small panels focusing on her mouth, the side panels with a phone ringing and characters in distress...
This page just really works for me, and I'd like to use a similar technique in my DWPFF story.