View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #11
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, you're right. This page alone took me two days to complete using the tablet while I can finish a page in a day traditionally. I find it that I sit down on a page too long because I want to make sure that I'm happy with it first before I submit it to the client. Versatility is also important as I also got a page reconfigured by client's request. Thank God I did it digital, I only spent half a day for it.

In my opinion, comics now a days are totally different from the Kirby, Buscema & Jim Lee era. If you have seen some of the topseller comic books lately, details are overdone on top of sequential. Details such as building backgrounds, vehicles and people. Making it authentic makes for awe but the basic imagination is gone because everything are all taken from references. It's like putting traced photos in panels. I find it that's hard to compete in this new market. I wished that I had gone and follow Kirby, Buscema or Lee because they make good comics from imagination.

If you have Kirby style stuff, please show them here. I'd like to see them.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote