View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
JimCampbell
Letterer

JimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonArthur
So this week, let's talk about one of the most frustrating things an indie letterer has to face: artwork that isn't properly sized.
The last four jobs I've had to do have all been drawn by artists (two of who are supposed to have worked for larger publishers like Image) who haven't understood the significance of the Live area. They've all filled the page to the full extent of the bleed, and then butted their panel borders up to the trim line.

Four of 'em in a row. When you point this out, you get a blank look followed by "Is that something you can fix at your end?"

What's worse, is that two of those b*stards have habitually composed their panels with the first speaker on the right. Three speaking characters and every frickin' time, they draw them in the opposite order to the order that they're speaking.

"But I put all that empty space on the left of the panel for the dialogue," they complain.

Yes. You did. And then you drew two complete characters in between the first speaker and the dead space, you steaming eejit.

Gaah!

Jim

(So glad I signed up for this forum. I feel better already.)
JimCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote