View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:00 PM   #69
Neil Allen

Neil Allen is on a distinguished road

I see. If you're reading the comic just from this topic then I can understand how you may have some difficulty. Things aren't laid out perfectly here, because I sometimes post stuff that I drew over again. Although, whenever that happens, I make sure to mention it in the post.

If you go to this link you should have a very straightforward reading experience:
http://zatswan.com/comic/chapter-01/...apter-1-cover/

Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian is pretty much your standard webcomic, meaning that it updates page by page. There are advantages and disadvantages to that format. Most webcomics I've seen are made by one person, like mine. It's just not realistic for us to pump out content like the people at DC, Marvel, or wherever, which have teams of people handling projects. With this comic, I'm doing the work of perhaps eight or nine people elsewhere. Let's see... they would typically have...

Writer
Penciler
Inker
Flatter
Colorist
Letterer
Assistant Editor
Editor
Then maybe some "hidden" jobs in the production phase.

And all of that is being handled by only one person here. Unfortunately, one of the downsides is that it is going to take some time for the story to develop. But I'm really happy that there are people out there that actually care about what will happen next! I take my time doing the project. I could go faster, I suppose, but I feel that the quality of the comic is what matters most.

Thanks for the list of links. I will definitely check all of those out.
And yeah, there aren't a lot of great comics communities in general on the net. I've actually thought about starting my own forum because of the lack of places to go.
Neil Allen is offline   Reply With Quote