Thread: Nahga 2237 A.D
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #11
SSTiger
sahithstiger@gmail.com

SSTiger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't mean to be a jerk (in other words, I'm going to be a jerk)
It's not a problem. A certain amount of jerkiness is inevitable during criticism (otherwise it wouldn't be ciritcism).

Quote:
If you went tight on the gun in that picture, you wouldn't be able to see any of those casings, let alone two.
I've settled on combining that one with the next panel (see above two posts) and using an inset, so this won't be an issue.

Quote:
We've seen the gunshots. We can see that the lions are startled in this very panel. I can assume that he doesn't want to stay in the lions' den. None of this adds anything.
True. Should be more along the lines of --

Quote:
Gunshots'll only scare them so much. Need to get out of here before I'm forced to kill one of these things.

Not their fault I messed up.
Any other such instances?

Quote:
I agree with Rin that this feels a little thin.
It'll be getting compressed further into six pages.

Quote:
If the movie opened with Trinity already surrounded, people would have no idea what's going on, and not in a good way.
True, but as a different medium, I think comics can push the envelope here a little. Skullkickers #1, for example (this is just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) opens with a splash of Shorty fighting a wereworlf with no buildup whatsoever. We only learn about the protagonists and the world later on.

Link:

http://www.cbr.com/skullkickers-1-2/

If I may bottom-line this: It's true that you as the reader will have no idea what's going on at the first panel (intentionally so) but does that remain the case even after the whole eight pages? I would be concerned if, at the end of Page #8, it still leaves confusion bad enough that you can't follow what happened, don't feel curious about what will happen next, and turns you off so much you wouldn't be interested in reading further. Is that the case?
SSTiger is offline   Reply With Quote