View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #13
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
Thanks anyway

This is one of those James T. Kirk "Khan" Moments!

KKKKhaaaaann! Kkkkhaaaaan!
I tried, again, this morning, after receiving an e-mail response from Patreon. They said to click the pop-up box off. But, that doesn't work, since it only reappears. They said that they use Stripe as a payment processor. I haven't actually used Stripe, before - and I likely won't be using it in the future, if this episode is any indicator, at all.

I like Patreon's concept - but, I really don't like their chosen method of implementing that concept, Paul.

In the span of the last four days, my interest in using Patreon to support artists has dropped to nil. Why? Out of sheer annoyance with their data collection techniques. Others use it, and I can - and do - respect that. Heck, I wanted to use it, too.

I appreciate your time and your responses. I'll find another way. I can use PayPal, but that sort of defeats one of the things that I liked about Patreon.