View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

Most of you are lucky, you're only letterers. I ink, letter and color so I see 3 times the crap that you do. I ask about the print size at the beginning of the project and automatically resize (via photoshop) the pages before I get to work. I work with a lot of small press guys, so they don't even notice the resizing I do.

If something is way out of proportion and I'm not inking it, then I ask for advice or have them do it. Right now, I'm grayscaling pages for a property that's been around for in comics for 25 years. You would think that these guys have been doing it for 25 years, so they have it down.... nope. Every project, I've done for them has been off.

I deal with artist on a regular basis for my Warmageddon stuff (www.warmageddon.com). It's mostly magazine sized, but recently I've branched out into a square format. I give my guys the ratios at the beginning. I tell them the DPI to scan it at and I deal with all the image processing from there. Give me a 300 DPI scan at full size and I'm a happy man. most of the time.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote