View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

B&N Week 175: Do You Really Want To Be In The Public Eye?

We’ve got another spectacular Tuesday! I won’t bore you with talk about sunshine—there’s a lot of it here in Tucson. You can literally count the number of times its overcast all day here, or how often the daytime temperature dips below 65. I love this place.

Anyway, this week’s question is, like all of them, geared to make you think: do you really want to be in the public eye?

In ‘Murica, public figures have extremely little privacy. As soon as you step outside your home, as a public figure, you shouldn’t expect to have any privacy at all. That’s just how it goes here. Your life is on display for everyone to either look up to or condemn. Just looking at the news bears this out.

The recent kerfluffle concerning Donald Sterling and the LA Clippers basketball team is a prime example. Here’s a guy who is rich enough to own an NBA team, yet doesn’t have enough sense to have a racially charged discussion behind closed doors. Yes, racism is alive and well, no matter how hard we try to stamp it out, but when you’re in the public eye, you have to be careful about what you say and where you say it.

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread