View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #34
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Forbes View Post
That's a good way to get work that isn't usable.

It should be something that's a theme or whatever that's agreed upon, and then stories are pitched, with no more than a page of sample artwork from the prospective artist. This way content starts being curated right away, and creators aren't producing work that won't get published because they aren't yet ready.

I also suggest that there's only one letterer for the entire book. Yes, it sucks, but this will stop the quality from being wildly different from story to story in a single book. (It will also lighten my load a little when it comes to editing.) We can change up the letterer from issue to issue, but not from story to story.

Just an idea.
-Steven
I agree with this. Less talk and more walk. How to make comics or podcasts about comics we can find a lot at yutubey's , websites & blogs.
We are here for comics making. Lets make comics.
We can vote for what genre or theme and start working the scripts and artwork from there. As we did already.

For avoiding former bad experiences and financial burden, such material could be published later on some Comixology place or whatsoever.
And see what happen.

If the material works well, maybe eDuke or somebody else would like bring the whole book to printed format.

My two cents.

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote