View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #37
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
Here are my thoughts; going all digital is something anyone can do on their own by utilizing a website or forum. Also, even though ComiXology does eliminate printing costs, there's still quarterly accounting that someone has to do and I would pity the person that has to figure out how much each contributor gets and ultimately be the one filing taxes on said sales. There's just too many things going against it.
I understand where you're coming from Eduke. Yup, it's very involved and time & money consuming and unsure of any revenue coming back.

Just a thought:

How about hosting an online comics here in DW to read for FREE with an option to buy the printed version through IndyPlanet or something. This way, you don't need to worry about the product and the sales if there is. It will also build up your site with up and coming creators and their comics. Same as the thread, someone would look at the content and would give the go ahead for upload. The upload will be for just to sample the comics, maybe 6-10 pages max.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote