View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #22
Jason Arthur
Starving Letterer

Jason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of lightJason Arthur is a glorious beacon of light

While we're on the topic...

Just thought I should tell you guys about a little timesaver.

When you get a script, most of the time the writer has written everything in one of three ways: Sentence Case (capital letters at the start of sentences and capital I's for pronouns), all Uppercase, or all Lowercase.

Now, none of those are perfectly ideal for lettering, so what I do is switch everything to lowercase (in Word) then I choose to REPLACE (located under edit). It now asks what I want to replace. Type in a lowercase "i" followed by a single space. Then in the box below where it asks you what to replace it with type a capital "I" followed by a single space. Choose: replace all.

Repeat this process for other common pronoun I uses: i' , i- , i... (replacing each lowercase "i" with a crossbar/capital I).

hope this is helpful to some of you (though I know it's old news for you old hands at this).

-- J

Last edited by JasonArthur; 01-20-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Jason Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote