View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganza View Post
9 panels per page of talking heads? I can imagine an elite pro could make this look visually stunning to a point, but 9 panels per page will make everything tiny especially when you have to take into account the word balloons which I imagine is quite a bit of real estate. I haven't even read this yet.
If you haven't done so, read Watchmen. You can get in a LOT of visual information in an 9-panel grid--as long as both the writer and the artist know what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganza View Post
Also noted the formatting error on page one attributed to the writer, A while back Steven had similar mistakes on his entry but it was attributed to program/ software error, why is that? How do you know which errors are software and which are human? I know this is not the same editor but I'm assuming everyone saw and still said nothing.
It depends on how/where it happens.

Mine only happened in the dialogue headings, not throughout the script. Also, I know it was a translation error because I wrote the script in Final Draft and then converted it to a format that could be read by another word processing program.

Here, everything is capitalized except for that one spot, meaning he typed everything and forgot to put on the caps lock in that instance. It's pretty easy to spot once you've seen different kinds of errors a few times. I've noticed it in a few scripts here myself, and have given the writers the benefit of the doubt when it happens. That particular type of error doesn't happen often, though.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote