Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > Bolts & Nuts

Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

B&N Week 149: Do You Cause More Work For The Creative Team?

It's another Tuesday! The sun is shining now, but the days are appreciably shorter, and for most of us living in the US, we're about to have Daylight Savings Time soon. So, yeah, the seasons are changing about us. I hope you're ready.

What I want to talk about this week will be mainly for the writers among us. Don't fret, though, because I'm talking about things that will affect the artists and letterers, too.

I'm talking about file formats, and what can be done to lessen the stress for the rest of the team. [Because, believe me, some of you writers are killing your creative teams with your choices.]

What am I talking about? I'm talking about the programs used to write scripts in, and the lengths that some of you go to in order to protect your ideas.

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
scrappy

scrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nice

I thought arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time.

For comic scripting i use word, but for screenplays I use celtx. And while a lot of people dont have celtx, everyone can view a pdf file. And celtx makes turning your scripts into pdf's damn easy. So directors/writers I'm working with are few enough that I know will have celtx, and everyone else (actors/producers) wont need to edit the script so pdf is fine.

But again, that's for screenplays. comic scripting is a whole different story.
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
I thought arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time.
It doesn't. That's why I said "most". I'd get rid of it totally if I could, but no one has asked me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
For comic scripting i use word, but for screenplays I use celtx. And while a lot of people dont have celtx, everyone can view a pdf file. And celtx makes turning your scripts into pdf's damn easy. So directors/writers I'm working with are few enough that I know will have celtx, and everyone else (actors/producers) wont need to edit the script so pdf is fine.

But again, that's for screenplays. comic scripting is a whole different story.
You can use Celtx to make a comic script. It's just the rest of the team being able to use it where the problems begin.

Here's the thing that happens when people try to sell you something: they try to get you to not look at the big picture. They want you to look at how their product can help you, and only you. Comics is a collaborative medium, and as such, you can't think about just you. Thinking about just you is selfish, and you can't be too selfish when working in this medium. And that's what the makers of Celtx tout: you can write a comic script. But unless you Save As another file type, and then making sure the format didn't get screwed up, you're going to cause the rest of the team to want to curse you out.

Fun, right?
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote