Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > Comix Council

Old 12-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Tyler_James

Tyler_James is on a distinguished road

A Netflix for Comics? A ComicsFix Interview

Thousands of comics for one low monthly price? That's the ComicsFix value proposition...but can they deliver? Tyler James talks to their CEO to find out.

Interview goes live 12-30-13. Read it at this link: http://wp.me/p2qJyj-Nc

Then discuss here.
Tyler_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

Page not found, it says.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Because it wasn't 12/30/13, eastern standard time, at the time you went to go look.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
magiktori
Hero Wannabe

magiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nice

not working here either
magiktori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

This is what I gots.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-12-31 at 1.44.38 PM.png (120.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Co.Inkadink

I would love a Netflix for comics. I don't get to go to the comic store very often "I live in the boonies". It would be nice to sample and read a diverse spectrum of titles without having to commit.

What would this do to the industry though?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

Is anyone still having problems reading this?
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
Tyler_James

Tyler_James is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the confusion.

I posted this thread in advance of the article posting, because I was traveling for New Years and wouldn't be able to post it when the article went live.

Here is the full-URL for the article, which is up now:

http://www.comixtribe.com/2013/12/30...fix-interview/

It's an interesting question, what a service like this would do to the industry. I still think readers of digital comics are a small (but growing rapidly) segment of the overall industry. So, I think it would be many years, if ever, that such a service had any impact at all on the direct market, especially if it was limited primarily to smaller publishers.
Tyler_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I'd be interested in this if the content were there. It would need to have content from the big four/five, plus indy stuff. Seems like a logistical and licensing nightmare, but if it were available, I would subscribe.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Doesn't Marvel offer a yearly subscription service to access all their inventory?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited
Monthly and annually
I think the new comics are released 6 monthx after hitting the comic store

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
PORTFOLIO
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote