Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > Bolts & Nuts

Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

B&N Week 159: What Are Your 2014 Goals?

Itís 2014! New year, new goals, and something of a new format for Bolts & Nuts!

Whatís changing? Just a couple of things. This year, Iím going to try not to be as wordy, so these will be somewhat shorter than weíre used to. [Notice the word ďtry.Ē Itís important.]

The second thing thatís changing this year is the fact that Iím not going to give straight advice. This year will be the year of the question! Sometimes, the benefit of the question is in the asking, and not the answering.

So Iím going to ask questions this year. While the questions will only have my answers, my answers are meant to act as a starting point. They arenít meant to be definitive. Like the Socratic method, theyíre meant to make you think, stretch, and come up with something that works for you. Again, the benefit is in the asking.

Thatís whatís going on this year with Bolts & Nuts. I hope you like it.

I guess that brings us to this yearís first question. Itís simple, too. What are your goals this year?

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
DarkHalf05

DarkHalf05 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkHalf05 has a spectacular aura about

My biggest goal for 2014 is to finish the scripts for the first two issues of my story, as well as have them edited. I always find myself focusing on artwork, so for me this is a challenge.

I am currently working on a collaboration that I would love to see come to life this year.

My final goal is to do more study in anatomy, and take a life drawing class by years end.
DarkHalf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Alyssa
@AlyCro

Alyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to all

My goals for 2014?

I'm working on my online presence. I've survived a long time with having a virtually non-existent online presence, but if I want to go the way of indie comics, that's probably gonna have to change. There's virtually no comics industry here in Australia, so I need to stretch my online wings.

So with that in mind:

I want to launch my personal website. I've already got the basic design down- now it's just a matter of adding the finishing touches, then shipping the PSDs off to my buddy for him to code it up in Joomla. His schedule is pretty hectic at the moment, but I'm hopeful he'll have the site live before the end of Feb.

I want to update my website at least every fortnight. That's a huge thing for me. My previous attempts at blogging resulted in mini ghost towns. A big amount of focus is going to be on my own comic projects, but I'd also like to showcase other indie projects too. If I get any sort of following, at least I'll be able to share some of that love around.

I want to get at least four short stories COMPLETED (art and all) and published on my site, and also finish my graphic novel script before the end of the year. At the moment, that might be all I can afford, but if things go well with my other freelance work, I'd like to get the graphic novel finished off too.

I also want to stay active on Twitter. I resisted for a long time against social media networks, but I'm starting to see how they can be a valuable networking tool (rather than just a source of drama). I'm brand new, so I would LOVE to connect with more DW folk. This is me: https://twitter.com/CrowWordsAndArt
I aim to keep Twitter fresh, so I'll be posting stuff there that you won't get to see on the forums or my personal site.

There's my comics-related goals, anyhow! For once, I'd love to actually achieve my New Year's resolutions.
Alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
russbrett
Sidekicks(Writer/Creator)

russbrett has a spectacular aura aboutrussbrett has a spectacular aura about

I have but one goal for 2014:

To start multi-tasking.

I spent the entirety of 2013 developing the infrastructure for my upcoming Kickstarter campaign for Sidekicks. I literally accomplished nothing else.

I would like to run parallel projects in 2014 (I have a fun reimagining of Barry Manilow's Copacabana as a Superhero story in the back of my mind).

Excellent article, as always, Steven.
russbrett is offline   Reply With Quote