Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > The Proving Grounds

Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

TPG Week 162: Effort Put Forth

Here we are, face to face, a couple of Silver Spoons...

I think I just aged myself (again)! Nevermind.

First, I want to apologize about this being late. There was a family emergency that I had to take care of. Everything turned out well, thank you, but it affected the timeliness of the column. I just wanted to give something of an explanation as to why.

So, with that said, welcome to The Proving Grounds! This week, we have a man who needs no introduction. His last name is so memorable that it stands out all on its own. We have a new Brave One in Oliver Insixiengmay! (Told you!) We also have Steve Colle in the soothing blue, I'm in the hyper red, and let's see what Oliver does when he's

Painting From Life

PAGE 1 (3 PANELS)

PANEL 1 – Daytime in a calm and clear afternoon with blue skies. Low angle shot. Wide establishing exterior shot of an urban city. In the foreground, two children are happily scribbling in a coloring book beside an adult in a park. A man is seen reading a newspaper near a food stand along with a shaggy drawn out homeless man laid down on his side smoking against a wall of a building. In the middle ground, cars pass through busy streets. In the background are tall buildings, one of them being ADAM’s apartment building. (This panel cannot be drawn. You're asking for a low angle shot, but then everything that's seen will be from close-up and then moving back. Being low, the things in the foreground will obscure the things in the background. The only way to get this detail is to raise the camera.)

PANEL 2 – Close up of the homeless man smoking his cigarette lifelessly as his body lays propped against the wall behind him. A plastic cup filled with a few coins sits in front of him as he wears a tired and hopeless expression of a man with not many days left on his face. (I like the idea, but this is more prosaic than a good panel description. Emotions are difficult to draw, and the more subtle they are, the more difficult it becomes. Something like this would need some context as to what came before in order to really sell this to the reader. Right now, it's just a guy sitting down smoking, and he may look a bit sad and/or tired.)

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread