Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > Bolts & Nuts

Old 02-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

B&N Week 165: How Many People Do You Know Who Can Further Your Career?

Weve got another Tuesday upon us, and you know what that means, right? Its time to ask another question in the new Bolts & Nuts tradition!

This weeks question is relatively simple, but carries some things with it that could be unpleasant.

How many people do you know that can further your career?

Im going to tell you the best-kept open secret in comics: making it as a newbie is a combination of money, drive, luck, a small smattering of talent, and who you know.

Ever look at some creators work and wonder how they got their job? I remember looking at an issue of Spider-Man that Pat Lee did and was instantly turned off. This was when he had the Transformers franchise, and because there were no robots in the comic, it looked like he not only phoned it in, it was phoned in over a garbled line while he was drunk. [It reminds me of a great bad movie, Night of the Demons. Roger, the token black guy, is looking at a map, and says, It looks like whoever drew this was half blind and half retarded. Makes me laugh every time, and makes me think of that Pat Lee issue.]

Anyway, lets look at these pieces one at a time.

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread