Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > ComixTribe > The Proving Grounds

Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

TPG Week 167: Know The Story You Want To Tell

Welcome, one and all, to The Proving Grounds! This week, we have a Brave One who's no stranger to these parts: Frank Martin! We also have Sam LeBas in purple, I'm in red, and let's see what happens when Frank goes

Over the edge (5 pages)

Note: this is a joker/batman "what if" story with replacement characters. Their names are for editorial purposes and do not actually appear in the story.

Midnight Marvel (abbreviated as MM)- batman archetype. I have no particular look in mind for him. Just make sure he's dark and brooding in his batman-esque costume.

Zobo - joker archetype. I envision more of a Bozo looking clown than the joker. Wearing a baggy, colorful one piece and a big red afro wig. Maybe some big clown shoes too.

Girl - nothing special. Just a typical twenty-something girl in trouble. (thatís charming.)

(This could all go in a separate document, or at least a separate page.) (While true, I have no real problem with these being here, because it's a short story and the character descriptions are short.)

Page 1 (5 panels)

Panel 1

A close up of the Midnight Marvel's gloved fist in mid-motion coming straight towards us as a punch.(Whatís the setting here?)(No need for a close-up. I can see the background blanked out, with motion lines showing the speed. This gives more momentum to the fist. Adding a background lessens the impact.)

Click here to read more.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
SamRoads
Also known as Felix

SamRoads has a spectacular aura aboutSamRoads has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Sam and Steven. Writing about Batman is going to make it tough, as most story ideas have been done already by someone, making comparison hard to avoid.

The Killing Joke (in which Moore allegedly has Bats kill Joker) gives Bats a lot more reason to go fruitloop, in this story 'only' an unnamed damsel in distress dies.
SamRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
scrappy

scrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nicescrappy is just really nice

It's not Batman! It's the Midnight Marvel!

Well that was fun. To provide a little context, this was for entry into a contest with the theme being "late." I think Steven's idea to deal with the repercussions rather than the event is a better story to tell. Maybe harder for the theme, but more interesting in terms of "batman territory." I wanted to be overly cliche and ended up just being .

But, Steven, I will disagree with you on this though: I will always finish reading a five page comic no matter how bad or boring the start is.
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote