Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 09-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
splendidriver
Cartoonist

splendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nice

Star Wars

http://splendidriver.deviantart.com/...Wars-326359077

I've been working on this for quite a while. Though I'm not a fan of Star Wars, the character designs are too interesting that I couldn't help doing some experiment of my own. Most of these characters I chose from the original series, other than bearded Obi Wan and Qui-gon Jinn. The cartoon shows don't have these, so I guess I'll make my own interpretation on them.

splendidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
Sage
Journalistic Madman

Sage has a spectacular aura aboutSage has a spectacular aura about

It boggles the mind that you're not a Star Wars fan.

Great work though! This would make a killer poster.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
JeffW.
I always finish what I st

JeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of light

Great character designs!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

I'm not a huge fan of the series myself, but I'm familiar enough with it that your take seems like it takes too many liberties with the original characters, distorts them too far. E.g. Darth Vader posed like that just isn't Darth Vader to me... Well done technically. I just mean as far as your take on the characters, it seems like something else, not quite Star Wars.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Splendid! Vader looks awesome, even if the pose doesn't feel like Darth Vader.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Then again, I'm remembering he does do lightsaber battles, so maybe so.. I was just thinking of how his usual image is much more somber and severe, in posters and things.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
teach
main-lining graphite

teach has a spectacular aura aboutteach has a spectacular aura aboutteach has a spectacular aura about

real cool!
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

TimR - No, I agree with you that it's not a Vader-like pose. I was not responding to your comment, but rather we were posting the same thing at the same time.

Regardless, I really enjoy this. Good job!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
splendidriver
Cartoonist

splendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nicesplendidriver is just really nice

Yes, if it does not really feel like Star Wars like how we always know, that's how I want it to be. I want it to be my world, my vision on the characters. I want Vader a little bit wacky and crazy, when Luke is kinda a goofy one. This is a fan art after all, and I just want to experiment on what I can do with the characters. And yes, the pose I gave Vader is actually a fighting pose.

Thank you all so much for all the compliments, I know I still have a lot to improve, and I will work even harder.
splendidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
dongbenigajr
amateurish newbie

dongbenigajr is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with the Darth Vader comments, and I think he needs to look more menacing. Other than that, this is really an awesome piece, especially the Emperor on top left.
;-)
dongbenigajr is offline   Reply With Quote