Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 02-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
paradoxuniverses

paradoxuniverses is on a distinguished road

Question what is the best course of action?

This is the part of the business I hate, the most because if I didn't have to feed my Kids I would do it for free, So I made a comic well over a year ago for a client who I had worked with be for so I didn't Think being paid would ever become an issue,
in two weeks time I drew/inked and colored the comic' I had it done well be for the deadline.
I was told, I would be paid $350, I was paid $50 up front and that was it.
at one point he contacted me' to let me know that he was going to post the two short comics
on his web page, an that he would pay me later. that was the last I've heard from him.
I have reached out trying to negotiate with him more then a few times. I never even get a replay. I just wanted to ask, Has anyone here ever have had experience like this and what would be the course of action to take?
paradoxuniverses is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

You should've made a huge stink about not getting paid when he informed you that he was posting the stories. Something along the lines of 'yeah, you are welcome to post them after you pay off the remaining balance left on the work. And if you post them without taking care of that obligation, I'll have consider that work as stolen and I'll be forced to put out the word to let others know about this transaction' something like that anyway.
I know it sounds harsh but sometimes you have to be somewhat of an assertive asshole to get what you're owed.
Also,IMO, you should've done half upfront.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

DCDraw works in the professional illustration world, and his point is valid.

You need to make a 'polite' noise about this. It is your work, until you've been paid.
And I only used polite, to mean, that you have to sound more professional than him, so avoid name calling etc.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 AM   #4
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Only $300 remain?
The guy never specified how later would be later.
Maybe he still counting the pennies?
These pages weren't paid. The artwork is yours.
Do whatever you want with it. Showcase in your website?
Without his texts or dialogue of course.
Also, let him know he must put down your artwork from his website in a week term if he don't pay the remain of the money he owes you.

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote