Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 09-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
R.D. Brown

R.D. Brown is on a distinguished road

[Paid] Looking for Cover/Pin Up Artist (Superhero Style)

My name is Robert Dwight Brown. I am the author of over thirteen novels, five plays, and three games. My Amazon Author Center page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00PKP636U. My author’s blog is www.honestforger.com. My email is: secretary@chixistigma.org.

The project I am working on is a series of prose stories, set in a comic-book inspired super-hero inspired universe, that I would like illustrated. The “project” is to be independently published in print and in various electronic media.

Each story will be provided to the artist who will then draw a “cover” illustration for that chapter taking inspiration from both the story and a concept description. The illustrations should be in a COVER/PIN-UP style that will NOT require sequential art typical with traditional comic books. Storytelling will be required in the single “cover” illustration.

Characters designs will be required based on concept descriptions and the prose itself.

I will work on completing 3-12 stories a month, each requiring a “cover” illustration.

I am looking for a very modern Marvel/DC super-hero comic book-style.
This is a paid/contracted work and relationship. I am offering $30 per full-page illustration, though this rate is negotiable. The artist will be paid once a month on the third of each month for the previous month’s illustrations. Payments will be made via Paypal only.

All “cover” illustrations must be drawn in a LANDSCAPE orientation, 17”x8.5” with a 2:1 ratio and at least 300 dpi high resolution (at least 5100x2550) print ready JPG or Photoshop file. The original high resolution files will be maintained for archival, reproductive, and promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, Patreon rewards.

The artist will submit a sketch of each “cover” illustration for any critique, brainstorming, and/or revisions, before approval is given to finish the illustration.

If you are an artist interested in my project, please email: secretary [at] chixistigma [dot] org with the subject line “Artist submission” and the following information: Your name and country. JPGs of at least 6-8 pages of your very best COVER/PIN-UP drawings. A link to your website or deviantart page to see more of your artwork. Character design samples.

The artist MUST be available to work immediately and for at least the next 12 months. Deadlines will be VERY important for this project and the artist MUST meet any and all contracted deadlines.

Correspondence and communication are extremely important to me through email, Facebook messaging (or similar service), and over the phone.
If you are interested in this project, please contact me at your earliest convenience. Again my email: secretary@chixistigma.org.
R.D. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
R.D. Brown

I think my use of the word "cover" is misleading. I'm working on a prose super-hero book and I'm looking for single-panel illustrations, not sequential art. That is why I chose the $30 price point. I would require a single-panel illustration for each "issue" (story or chapter). I hope this offers some clarification. Thanks
Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 PM   #3
R.D. Brown

Thank you all!

I would like to thank you for your interest in my project. The response has been overwhelming and beyond my expectations. I am reviewing all submissions and wanted to let you know it may take me a little more time to make a decision.

I don't want to rush the project, but I wanted to let all who emailed me or those still interested in the project know that I'm working through all of the submissions.

If you're just now reading this post and are interested in the project, please email me, it is not too late to show an interest.

Tags
cover art, pin up art