Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 09-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Community Project...

I think it's time for another one.

The Hellboy one was a HUGE success! There was some talk about another one, but it may have been too soon after the completion of the Hellboy one.

This is just a feeling-out period. Post below your interest. Are you an artist, writer, letterer or a colorist.

I saw this cool piece of art in the artist showcase by a forum member named Eddy Lyle. It was a simple-looking cover image of Mega Man. It got me thinking... What if...? You dropped Mega Man or Mario (or even a Super Hero) into a game where (S)he had to fight a classic video game villain.

Like the last one, you will form a team and create a 3 to 5-page length story around the theme.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

Or how about famous literary characters get thrown into video game worlds?
Winnie the Pooh-Grand Theft Auto, Alice-Doom, Conan-Super Mario Brothers, Bilbo Baggins-Street Fighter 2, etc, etc.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

I could see some cool ideas coming out of that.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
Facundo Ezequiel
Eternal Apprentice

Facundo Ezequiel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdraw View Post
Or how about famous literary characters get thrown into video game worlds?
Winnie the Pooh-Grand Theft Auto, Alice-Doom, Conan-Super Mario Brothers, Bilbo Baggins-Street Fighter 2, etc, etc.
This would finally give me an excuse to draw a Shenmue comic and make it fun, maybe add Bukowski as the literary character

I now wonder how Hank would get along with Lobo...
Facundo Ezequiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #5
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I'll be in for almost any idea.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a cool idea with the literary characters vs. video game characters. I know literary characters left and right, but my knowledge of video game characters is sadly lacking as I have neither the time not $$$ to be a gamer.
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
Facundo Ezequiel
Eternal Apprentice

Facundo Ezequiel is on a distinguished road

A good way to make the writers shine could be to turn literary characters/books into interesting short comics. How many here are willing to make an adaptation of Finnegans Wake, The Magic Mountain or Under The Volcano? Now there's an interesting challenge (if not too insane)...
Facundo Ezequiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #8
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

Which literary characters?

I'm sorta in love with the idea of Alice in the Doomverse. It would also be cool to have Tom and Huck raiding tombs.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #9
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

I did a short version of the story of St. Valentine for an anthology title that Malibu/Aircel put out many, many, many moons ago. It was fun.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I'd do something for this. I like the literary character idea. Would we have a tying thread like we did with Hellboy, or would these each be stand alone?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #11
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

I like the idea of a tying thread. It could work really well with Alice and her rabbit hole.

The main theme would have GLaDOS uses portals to toss our hero around video game to video game.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #12
Kay
just kay

Kay is on a distinguished road

I love this. I could contribute some art.
Kay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #13
jeffchris50

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
I like the idea of a tying thread. It could work really well with Alice and her rabbit hole.

The main theme would have GLaDOS uses portals to toss our hero around video game to video game.
I'm not a gamer and never have been (the newest console I own is my Super Nintendo from when I was about 14 and I'm 55 now), so I have ZERO idea as to what GLaDOS is/means, but the use of portals to toss the protagonist of the story around hews awfully close to the whole reasoning behind Hellboy's travels from reality to reality. Seems like there should be some other way, some motivating factor or device that would and could bring characters from separate worlds together. Just my two cents worth.....
Old 09-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #14
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Glados is essentially an AI construct designed to create puzzles for testing human subjects that has gone insane.

It could be that Glados is running the Matrix. She is testing a human subject that is still connected therein by loading them into various areas of the Matrix that have become corrupted allowing the realities of video games and literature to collide. Of course, that may be too whacky for something like this.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #15
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

Not whacky at all.

Tags
team up