Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
SDulaney
Pythonist (reform)

SDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of light

It's a DW Forums tradition. The annual "Who's Going To San Diego?" Thread

With the Comics Reporter's "Tips For San Diego Comic Con" post going live this morning, the countdown is on. Who's making the trip this year?

Before we begin, one simple rule.
1) Keep it positive. None of this "It's too F'n crowded and all about Hollywood so I'm glad I'm not going" stuff that turns up on other boards. These forums have always been about networking and the con is one of the best networking opportunities out there.

So...Lets hear it. Who'll be there? Where will you be? What project(s) are you pushing? What's your goal for the con?
SDulaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Mecha
Boob Wrangler

Mecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to all

It was last minute but I'll be there this year. I'm just going as a long-awaited, much needed vacation. Looking forward to having drinks with friends and teammates. I just had surgery last week on my NON-drawing arm to hopefully correct an injury from last year. I'm a little bummed, thought I'd have a cast everyone could sign but they decided not to put one on me, darnit.

For truth, justice, and pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha
See Jim I TOLD you, you can only lose it once!
Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
dmh_3000

dmh_3000 is just really nicedmh_3000 is just really nicedmh_3000 is just really nicedmh_3000 is just really nicedmh_3000 is just really nice

I live in Australia, but I'm determined to make the trip one year. Instead I'll be going to Sydney Supanova.
dmh_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Schmaltz
A Violent Fluid...

Schmaltz is on a distinguished road

I'll be in Small Press booth P9 pushing my art. I'm also throwing one of the biggest after con events on Fri evening...here's the details!!! :

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/372438219476473/

WEBPAGE: http://www.industriacide.com/comiccon.html

Another Friday during comic con and another night in the Gaslamp trying to find a place to sit at the bar that is going to charge you $15 for a well drink. Well F’K that! This year, a few of us (meaning the top talents in art and music in the city and beyond have gotten together to throw the definitive Fri night comic con ‘event’. We’ll be pulling together live painters, artists, dj’s, circus folk, go go dancers, whiskey bathers, body painters and every other kind of geek and weirdo we can shove into the warehouse, and offering you the chance to spend a night meeting incredibly cool people, and taking in giant art collaborations, perfomances, and killer music!

----------------------------------------------------

TICKETS: $20 PRE SALE ONLY!!! No tickets will be available at the door. To order:

http://www.industriacide.com/comiccon.html

HERE'S WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO SO FAR (more performers, artists on the way!):

--Over 30 artists live painting, including a massive art collaboration that will be raffled off!

--Debut of Schugar and Dietrich's 'Reichenfunk' live art/funk/dj/wtf collaboration

--Superhero body painting

--SolSis Productions presents a new series of comic-book themed art entitled “Welcome to the Slums.” Characters and Artists in full action!

--'Sketch Lounge' (show up with your sketch book and you've got a separate area to do sketch book exchanges etc.

--Food (more details to come)

--Special launch for the new 'The Nazi and the Rabbit' comic book

--FREE PRINTS, GIVE-AWAYS AND RAFFLES for art and more! (you never know when one of the artists will have just one too many whiskey shots and start to throw original art into the crowd!)

--Go Go Dancers

DJ'S/MUSICAL PERFORMANCES:

Ricky Wrecks
ReichenFunk
Schugar
JRockA & Sarai Knowledge
Sudonim
Man Du
Osol8
Kombat
BlackAss
Knottyboy

VIDEO MAPPING/VISUALS: CutMod
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
heartofglitter
Cassandra James

heartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of lightheartofglitter is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be there this year! My first time ever, just going as a general attendee but I'll be on the Womanthology panel on the Thursday. Mecha will also be staying with me a few days, wheee!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
JMelloul

JMelloul is on a distinguished road

I will be there! I do hope to get to go to Trickster at some point, though.
JMelloul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
Mecha
Boob Wrangler

Mecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to allMecha is a name known to all

Its almost here!!!

For truth, justice, and pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha
See Jim I TOLD you, you can only lose it once!
Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it's crowded, sdcc, too hollywood