Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #61
Eric Rabbitsmasher
Call me Rabbit Fighter

Eric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really nice

Lol, CARtoonz, that brings back memories. Some of your faces are remind me a bit of Eisner, sweet stuff, keep it coming!

Whatzabuzz, the Website
Eric Rabbitsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #62
William Blankenship
Supreme Fictator

William Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to allWilliam Blankenship is a name known to all

Your face sketches are amazing. The main detractor I see in your work is the anatomy being a bit stiff and oversimplified without the full understanding of anatomy to sucessfully oversimplify it. The other main thing is your faces look amazing, and you've obviously referenced them. The "Evil Tree" for the ongoing story, doen't really look like a tree, especially in the rendering of the bark. Did you use reference on it? Those cars look awesome, and I bet you used reference. I think you need to sketch some more from references in your weak points. Try doing some anatomy studies, gesture drawings. Try doing some studies of clothing and the way it pinches and folds on certain areas of the body, or sketches of outdoor scenes. This thread is mixed with everything from amazing to "meh", but there is a lot of good foundation of knowledge here. Just try to take your weak areas and work on them in sketch, much in the way you've done many many studies of faces, which have obviously paid off as it's a strong suit for you.

Hope any of that helps, if not feel free to throw it in the bin.

3!LL
William Blankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
JAM

JAM has a spectacular aura aboutJAM has a spectacular aura aboutJAM has a spectacular aura about

Thanx Eric R. means much.

3'LL,
My antomy needs works agreed, all in all... some of my work is referenced(photos and videos) some not. The trees are my own somtimes I find nature a bit boring so I give it a spin, unless doing a project that needs to be botanicaly correct.
Thanx for the crit 3'LL much appreciated, needed and helped!
I will take note what was said and shared.

Thanx for the look and time fellas
JAM,.........................
www.wggraphix.com
JAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #64
JAM

JAM has a spectacular aura aboutJAM has a spectacular aura aboutJAM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Rabbitsmasher
Lol, CARtoonz, that brings back memories. Some of your faces are remind me a bit of Eisner, sweet stuff, keep it coming!
I didn't get back on this: I was wondering the magazine back in the day "CARtoons". Do you remember/know of the magazine? Have you heard of it?

JAM,.......................
www.wggraphix.com
Old 03-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #65
JAM

Keeping the pencils moving hope you guy like!

JAM,..................
www.wggraphix.com

Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #66
JAM

Spring is here, weather is warming up... back to the garage/airbrushing!

JAM,...................
www.wggraphix.com

Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #67
JAM

Another pencil DOODLE....

JAM...............
www.wggraphx.com

Last edited by JAM; 04-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #68
JAM

Again,..... for those who looked/replyed thanks, means much!

PS. Here's a great place to visit and forum: http://www.topcow.com/ http://www.topcow.com/barn/

JAM,......................
www.wggraphix.com
Old 04-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #69
Evan Henry
Illegitimate Teletubby

Evan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to beholdEvan Henry is a splendid one to behold

Cool doodle! Also, do you actually work outside?
Evan Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #70
JAM

Thanks SM..........

And yea I do work outside(garage), airbrush only until the weather gets cold then the airbrush gets hung up, unless there's a major project going on I bring it in the home.

JAM,........................
www.wggraphix.com
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #71
JAM

A colored pencil with a bit of Photoshop! Hope you guys like.

JAM,....................
www.wggraphix.com

Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #72
JAM

Again you guys thanx for lookin means much!

JAM,.........................
www.wggraphix.com
Old 04-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #73
JAM

Still messin with colored pencil(Prisma)... hope you guys like!
With a bit of help from photoshop.

JAM,...........................
www.wggraphix.com

Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #74
JAM

One more,.................

JAM,..............
www.wggraphix.com

Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #75
Fresco
Fresco Studio Boss

Fresco is just really niceFresco is just really niceFresco is just really niceFresco is just really niceFresco is just really niceFresco is just really nice

thats pretty cool, JAM... good to see that you're still kicking it!! Keep it up bro!

MySpace ... deviantART
Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote