Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Brand Man

Brand Man is on a distinguished road

Seeking artist/illustrator to create web comics – PAID

Hey everybody,

My name is Tom and I run a personal blog + web comic at www.brandmantotherescue.com.

My super hero alter ego, Brand Man, stars in light comedic illustrated adventures about cool and innovative ways that brand marketers are reaching their customers – people I call “marketing superheroes.”

[For the record I am also a lifelong comics reader and lover of all caped heroes, so this is a way for me to merge the personal with the professional.]

My beloved illustrator got a new job and moved away so I am seeking somebody new. I’m definitely looking for a long-term partnership as I plan to keep publishing these comics on a regular basis. Please be that person!

Payment is $200 flat per episode – see below for details.

Happy submitting! I’m looking to get going on the newest Brand Man episode asap so fire away.

--Tom McAlister
www.brandmantotherescue.com

SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
tom@brandmantotherescue.com

Brand Man previous episodes + reference art:

http://brandmantotherescue.com/comics/

http://brandmantotherescue.com/comin...-web-comics-2/

Creative notes:

+ I write and lay out the episodes. What I’m looking for is somebody who can ink, letter and color the illustrations. If you know how to make all of that happen and look amazing in photoshop, great! If you are old school and do everything by hand, equally great! (Although I do have digital delivery specs – see below.)

+ Brand Man is all about being upbeat and positive, and gee whiz about brand marketing. The artist who gets this gig is somebody who can….

A) Draw me well in a superhero costume

B) Also can draw strong caricatures, as various real figures from the world of advertising and pop culture make frequent appearances (examples: The Old Spice Guy, characters from “The Shining,” etc)

C) Bring a fun, zippy visual style to the episodes that matches the tone of the writing – although beyond those parameters I am open to all kinds of styles/textures

D) Intuitively get the jokes and deliver fun, visual representations of what can admittedly be somewhat dry material

E) Can produce this from the layout stage through the finished product in a professional and timely manner

More details about this gig:

+ I’m switching up the format a little bit, so new Brand Man adventures going forward will play out in “Sunday Comics” format to fit inside the image slider.

+ Finished “pages” (let’s call them slides from now on) will be 940x1450 jpegs. They will be laid out “landscape” style / horizontally

+ These slides are actually smaller and have fewer panels than normal comic book pages

+ Finished Brand Man episodes will consist of approx 5 slides plus one cover/title page slide. You don’t have to do a separate illustration for the cover. I’m fine with lifting a teaser image from within the comic and having that appear alongside the title text.

+ I will pay $200 flat per episode, via PayPal, half on commencement and half upon final delivery (within 5 business days).

+ “Final delivery” means final individual jpegs @ 940x1450, plus copies of whatever master files you used to lay everything out (photshop, illustrator, etc)

+ Lastly, I own/control the Brand Man IP so anybody I work with needs to sign a work for hire agreement before we can get going.

# # #

Okay, enough with the administrative! Shoot me some samples and thanks very much!

-tom
Brand Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Brand Man

Brand Man is on a distinguished road

position filled

Folks,

Wanted to let you know I have found an illustrator for this project.

Thanks so much for the interest and I'll log back in if anything changes.

-tom aka Brand Man
Brand Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help wanted, illustration, paid, web comics