Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Death Partners

Death Partners is on a distinguished road

Seeking Artist for Image Pitch - Backend Pay

Hey guys, I'm Devon, one the creators of the webcomic Death Partners. I am looking to find an artist that is of professional quality to collaborate with on a series that I plan to pitch to Image comics and other creator-owned publishers.

A little about this project: The story is designed to be a limited series with the potential for on-going. It is part rural horror-fantasy with Lovecraftian elements and part superhero pastiche. One key element to the story is the ensemble cast, and that the story features strong women of color in leading roles.
The story would require that you can draw monsters very well and action sequences. I'm seeking someone that also is interested in drawing "real" women--we don't want to see our comic on Escher Girls. I am open to different styles, but this is an American horror comic, so keep that in mind.

I know this story has a lot of potential for success in mainstream markets. It fits nicely amongst the other titles at Image, but has specific appeal for under represented demographics of comic readers. (And there's a lot of us.)

What I need, if this story is going to be published, is a strong artist. I'm hoping to have 10 pages produced for the pitch, but I likely cannot pay for those pages. If the story isn't picked up by a publisher, there is potential that we continue to work on it as a weekly webcomic. (And you would then be paid a page rate.)

The best form of contact would be email : wearedeathpartners@gmail.com

Thanks so much for taking the time to consider my project. Can't wait to hear from you guys.
Death Partners is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Tags
backend, comic, image, pitch