Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 10-23-2022, 08:55 AM   #1
Sean Fahey

Sean Fahey is on a distinguished road

PAID JOB -- Penciler and Inker for "Weird War" Comic Book

PAID GIG – Looking for an artist to handle pencils and inks for a “Weird War” comic book project. Story takes place in the North African desert during World War II and features a team of British commandos trapped in an ancient Egyptian tomb during a sandstorm; they soon discover they are not alone down there. Story has strong action and horror elements and is inspired by the book “Rogue Heroes,” DC’s “Weird War” comic book series, the writings of H.P. Lovecraft, Egyptian mythology, James Cameron’s “Aliens,” “Raiders of the Lost Arc” and John Carpenter’s “The Thing.”

This is a WORK-FOR-HIRE job based on a page-rate. Project is 110 pages. Pate rate is $75.00 USD per page (penciled and inked). Payment will be via PayPal. Final files need to be 300dpi TIF files using LZW compression. Payment schedule will be five-page batches at a time: I will pay $187.50 within five days after delivery of five pages of pencils, then I will pay the remaining $187.50 after delivery of final inks for the same five-page batch. I ask that you send an invoice after every five pages for pencils and then for inks with your payment details. I will also pay $100.00 for conceptual sketches of the main characters and settings, before you start drawing pages. You will also receive a digital copy and two physical copies of the finished work (and I will pay for shipping to you). This is strictly work-for-hire; I will retain sole ownership of the intellectual property and profits from the property.

The book will be published (at least initially) through Black Jack Press. Contact information for many of the artists we have worked with (for references) can be found on our website: https://www.facebook.com/BlackJackPress . We have launched three Kickstarter campaigns for our previous books, and each has been fully funded.

I am flexible with timelines. I understand this will likely be a “side project” for an interested artist. I am looking for an artist that can deliver at least seven (7) pages every thirty (30) days. If you can do more, that’s great. If not, no worries.

If interested in this project, please send us an email with LINKS (no PDFs please) of your SEQUENTIAL WORK to: blackjackpresscomics@gmail.com. We receive a lot of email, so please put “Devil Country Artist Portfolio” in the subject of the email, otherwise we may miss your submission.

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Sean Fahey
Editor-in-Chief, Black Jack Press
Sean Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread