Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 07-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Christofer_Frey

Christofer_Frey is on a distinguished road

Illustrator & Letterer Needed!

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting. My name is Christofer Frey and I’m the writer/creator of THE LAST LINE, a graphic novel. My team and I are coming off of a successfully funded Kickstarter and we are moving forward with putting the first issue together. THE LAST LINE is essentially a “boy scout” epic, referred to as Young Rangers in the story. A squad of Young Rangers defends their remote town from a nefarious motorcycle-club during a nationwide blackout. It’s a sprawling story that covers generations and centuries; from the inception of the United States, to the birth of the Progressive Movement, to the present. For more information about the project please check out our Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../the-last-line
I am currently looking for a replacement illustrator and letterer. Due to scheduling conflicts and deadlines, our former illustrator and letterer will not be able to continue on THE LAST LINE. Our colorist Jean-Francois Beallieu whose professional notoriety is widely regarded will still be able to work with us. This is a 23 page project. We have already generated 5 pages and 4 character mock-ups for the Kickstarter. So we are looking to have a robust 28 page first issue.
We can pay the illustrator (who we would need to contribute both pencils and inks)
$100.00 USD per page.
We can pay the letterer
$15.00 USD per page.
Payment will be received within five business days after each series of eight pages is sent to me via email (pencils and inks at hi rez, 450 dpi). We are using deadlines according to professional standards, meaning a month for the full twenty-three pages. Method of payment is negotiable- Paypal, Cashiers Check, etc.
There is some room for negotiation for the illustrator if we find some common ground. These persons would be signing a NDA and an SOW. This is a professional endeavor and we are only interested in a professional work ethic.
Specifically for the illustrator, we are looking to find someone who is serious. Someone who will be able, to a degree, to emulate the work of our former artist. Someone who is not afraid to get on the phone from time to time to brainstorm and more to the point, someone who is invested in this project. Someone who cares about it. Someone who is willing to be part of a dedicated team. While this constitutes a contract of $2,300.00 USD for this project, this is a comic that has legs. That being said, there is more work where this came from to someone who is talented and committed.
I live in Los Angeles and am working with a wide swath of professional contacts and potential publishers. We will be taking this to conventions as well. I hope one day we will be able to attend some of these together as a team.
If you are interested in this project please submit your samples or links to war.dance2015@gmail.com. For the illustrator, if we hit it off, we’ll just need a directed sample page to see how you can handle the action of the comic. Then we’ll be good to go.
So if you are interested in joining a unique and exciting project about “boy scouts” saving the country, look no further! We look forward to hearing from you and checking out your incredible works! Thanks again!
Christofer_Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Christofer_Frey

Christofer_Frey is on a distinguished road

Positions have been filled

Thanks to all who have applied! All of your works are amazing!
Christofer_Frey is offline   Reply With Quote