Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 02-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
CJAnderson

CJAnderson is on a distinguished road

Building an Audience for my new comic: Beckoning Of Aetherius

Hi everyone. My new comic book, Beckoning Of Aetherius, is one that I feel that the world needs in these political times. With so many extremist views
that popular audiences have, I think we need more stories that have a more balanced, honest view of human behavior.

I believe that Beckoning Of Aetherius does exactly that. It's a sci-fi fantasy which starts off more drama focused. My first chapter called, The Feminist Part 1,
focuses on two women who have a disagreement on what it means to be an authentic person. This is very important because of what happens
in chapter 15.

This comic book series is not about being divisive. It's about bringing people together, and sometimes tough talks about reality need to be had in order to realize that we're all human.

The series is more of a sci-fi fantasy that uses a few moments of modern hot topics to make it feel more believable. To make the characters feel more real.

This is the first book that's fully completed, and on sale now. I'm growing my audience and I would love it if you'd join me on the adventure of pushing back a little against what I feel is dishonest story telling.

If you like this first chapter, and you'd like to see the rest of the series, and more, created, please support me by:

- giving your positive review of the book here.
- telling your friends about the book.
- sharing the links to the book.
- buy the physical book, or the ebook.

You can read my book for free here:
https://www.blurb.com/books/10558603...rius-chapter-1

You can buy the physical print, or the ebook version, here:
https://www.blurb.com/b/10558603-bec...rius-chapter-1

Email me so I can give you more art from the art and sketch books, and update you with info and early images of chapter 2, here:
metheenaroonie@gmail.com

Below are a few pages of the book including the front cover art, and concept art created for the book.

Please, check it out, discuss, and if you like, show others. The more people who like and/or buy chapter 1, the more I can finish the series and provide chapter 2, 3, etc. Thank you all!

Cover Art:

A page from the book:

Another page from the book:

Concept art of one of the main characters:

Another page from the book:

An expressions art page of one of the main characters:

A concept page of one of the characters:

Last edited by CJAnderson; 02-03-2021 at 05:31 PM.
CJAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #2
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! Love your work!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:22 AM   #3
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

great looking stuff. love the boots all around.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #4
artofrene

artofrene is on a distinguished road

Did you write and illustrate the book? It's really well done, congrats. The artwork is attractive and draws you in. I read through the story and can see that it definitely will get people thinking. This story so far isn't a superhero bang 'em up type work, but it all looks visually so alive. You did a really nice job of taking an argument in a bookstore and keeping my attention enough to read through. Nice work!
Old 02-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #5
CJAnderson

artofene - hey thanks a lot! I'm so glad you like the story and art. Yes I wrote and illustrated the book. It means a lot that you enjoyed the story! The big super hero moments happen later in the story, which I designed this way to see if I can first make the conversations between characters interesting and believable first, before introducing the action themes. I felt that by doing this, when the sci-fantasy / action scenes begin, those scenes will have a lot more weight.

This is exciting! The more my audience grows, the more I can finish the rest of the series. I just have to make sure there are enough people who would want to read it, and buy it. Cheers!

Thanks artsnake!

Thanks pandayboss!

Also, for everyone who likes this, email me here: metheenaroonie@gmail.com
This way, I can send you some images from the artbook and sketch book, and update you with previews of chapter 2.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
artofrene

Do you have a website or social media?
Old 02-03-2021, 05:44 PM   #7
CJAnderson

- artofrene: Yes I have:

twitter: https://twitter.com/metheena1

instagram: https://www.instagram.com/metheenaroonie/?hl=en

pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/metheenaroonie/_saved/

blog: https://beckoningofaetherius1.blogsp...UrXf6m31hFJXk8

deviant art: https://www.deviantart.com/metheena

Which is all recent. I'll eventually start a facebook and later on build a website.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #8
CJAnderson

To those who read this, I'm announcing that I'm cancelling the comic series.

I just learned that in my first full month of having my comic on sale, only sold 3, lol. It was worth a try.

I had a lot of fun writing this, creating the art, promoting it and meeting so many great people. My hope was to see if I could reach a big enough audience, but it appears that either I failed at reaching them, or this audience doesn't exist.

I learned a very valuable lesson which is understanding what I'm good at, versus what I'm terrible at. I clearly suck at writing and story telling, so no more of that haha! I will keep the art and links up for everyone who enjoys the visuals. I will also probably continue posting more concept art from the comic.

Cheers!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #9
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

No way! Have you tried going into Comixology? Or pitching off to indy publishers? I think you have it, but maybe you needed a bit of help in the business side or something. If a publisher would go for it, it means readers will buy it.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #10
CJAnderson

Hi Pandayboss! You, and a few other people have convinced me that I should not give up, and that I just need to spend more time on the business side by finding other ways to promote the book. I think you're right. Thank you for your support. I was certain that I probably just suck and had no business putting this project out there, but I think I will continue forward with the comic series.

This is good because, (and I've said this t a few friends previously), that I really want to get chp2 in front of people. I want to see what an audience will feel about how the sci-fi aspect of the story is introduced, and get them thinking about what this can potentially mean for the characters in the future.

Again, thanks for the encouragement pandayboss.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:20 AM   #11
artofrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAnderson View Post
To those who read this, I'm announcing that I'm cancelling the comic series.

I just learned that in my first full month of having my comic on sale, only sold 3, lol. It was worth a try.

I had a lot of fun writing this, creating the art, promoting it and meeting so many great people. My hope was to see if I could reach a big enough audience, but it appears that either I failed at reaching them, or this audience doesn't exist.

I learned a very valuable lesson which is understanding what I'm good at, versus what I'm terrible at. I clearly suck at writing and story telling, so no more of that haha! I will keep the art and links up for everyone who enjoys the visuals. I will also probably continue posting more concept art from the comic.

Cheers!
Yeah, promoting art online is work. It looks like you only started posting online to your social media channels in January 2021 from what I can see. You could be posting a whole lot more frequently to share your work online. At least a post a day, to all your social media channels.

And you've got to get your own website. It's 2021, for Pete's sake! Who doesn't have a website ??
Old 03-03-2021, 12:42 PM   #12
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofrene View Post

And you've got to get your own website. It's 2021, for Pete's sake! Who doesn't have a website ??
ME! I have a website but I haven't updated it since 2009...I just couldn't find the time and knowhow.

But I agree with Rene, if you're doing business online you have to have (must) a website to showcase your wares. It's an investment that will help you in the long run.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #13
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAnderson View Post
Hi Pandayboss! You, and a few other people have convinced me that I should not give up, and that I just need to spend more time on the business side by finding other ways to promote the book. I think you're right. Thank you for your support. I was certain that I probably just suck and had no business putting this project out there, but I think I will continue forward with the comic series.

This is good because, (and I've said this t a few friends previously), that I really want to get chp2 in front of people. I want to see what an audience will feel about how the sci-fi aspect of the story is introduced, and get them thinking about what this can potentially mean for the characters in the future.

Again, thanks for the encouragement pandayboss.
You definitely have the talent to write it and to do really good art at that. When an artist created a story, wrote it and drew/painted it, I believe it's good. Because, it's done like a film reel in the creator's imagination. When readers see that, it's the best of both worlds for them. You did a VERY good job!!

I've been creating my own projects based on my drawings/sketches but I'm no writer. So I've sought out writers and when I brought the project to them, they loved to them for me.

I wish you great success in the near future!
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 PM   #14
artofrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
ME! I have a website but I haven't updated it since 2009...I just couldn't find the time and knowhow.

But I agree with Rene, if you're doing business online you have to have (must) a website to showcase your wares. It's an investment that will help you in the long run.
A website is definitely an investment well worth it. Once I decide to follow someone, I will always go their website...if they have one. None of us own any of our social media accounts. The closest we'll get to that is having our own website.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:07 PM   #15
artofrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
You definitely have the talent to write it and to do really good art at that. When an artist created a story, wrote it and drew/painted it, I believe it's good. Because, it's done like a film reel in the creator's imagination. When readers see that, it's the best of both worlds for them. You did a VERY good job!!

I've been creating my own projects based on my drawings/sketches but I'm no writer. So I've sought out writers and when I brought the project to them, they loved to them for me.

I wish you great success in the near future!
100% agree with Pandayboss. If that chpt2 is meant to come out, it's because CJAnderson just absolutely has to see it be made. It's like the idea of this second issue not coming to fruition will drive CJ crazy. And thats' because you pretty much have to be crazy to be a comic book artist. You gotta burn for this stuff, the desire to tell stories in a series of sequential art pages has to be in your blood to make it a reality. Because that's what it takes, really. And there's no guarantee, but if you're good with that, it's all roses

But, it's also ok to decide that "this" didn't work, and move on to something else. The next project, product, or storyline. There's also value in failing really fast. At the end of the day, you have a finished story here, the first chapter, and that's pretty impressive. Building a series is something that shows commitment on your part as the creator. If you make more of these comics, you show that you're going somewhere. And, if you want followers, you gotta show them where you're headed. You know, give them a place to follow you to