Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 02-27-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
gekko15

gekko15 is on a distinguished road

Artist wanted for comic project - $72 USD per page

Background on me
​I'm self funding this project and the money has already been put aside. I would love to find an artist with whom I can form a great working relationship with, on this and possible future projects. If you are interested please read further. I have already published a successful graphic novel and a comic book and I'm now working on my third project. You can find details on my past projects here.

Background on project
I have obtained the rights to adapt a short story set in the de-industrial future against the background of rural South Africa. The story follows the inhabitants of a small village on their quest to find out why the national cellphone network has gone down. I'm still in the planning stages but I'm aiming to adapt the story into a 20 page comic book.

What I'm looking for
Style
A realistic style will be required for this project. The final work will be published in a greyscale anthology magazine so strong line work is a must. I have linked to a finished page from a previous project that had a style I really liked here.

Output
Delivery of between 6-10 pages per month will be great but is negotiable. ​

Skills
The project requires illustrating various landscapes, city​scapes, people and animals etc​.​ Bicycles also feature strongly. I will provide various reference images to assist you with the final look of items in the panel.
I would like to do this in a realistic style with a margin for an artist's own style. ​The listed page rate is for a final inked page with greyscale shading. You will not be required to do lettering.

Process
Here is the workflow that has worked well for me in the past. I will provide you with the overall script at the start so that you can get a feel for the overall story. Further I will provide a rough page layout and thumbnail sketches of the panels with a folder of reference images for each panel. Then you prepare a sketch/pencil drawing that I can review to make any tweaks before you start work on the final image.

Upload types
Getting a 600dpi TIFF document to me in whatever way you find convenient will form the final output, although Dropbox/Google Drive is preferred. Pages are to be inked and shaded and ready for lettering. ​

What constitutes completion
When you have let me know via e-mail that a page has been delivered, incorporating any tweaks discussed, I will commence with payment for that page.
Fees
The page​ rate I'm offering is $72 (USD) per finished page. I can pay via PayPal or into your bank account using Transferwise. I will cover all fees relating to the payment. ​

Payment terms
​After completed pages have been received payment will be made within 48 hours. ​I will pay for the first page upfront.

Contracts
Successful artists will be required to sign a work-for-hire agreement.

What to send
Please send examples of your sequential artwork to the listed e-mail address. Please try and include examples of the specific attributes outlined in this post. ​If you can also include any professional references that would be greatly appreciated.

Contact E-mail
comic@wormlamp.com

Links:
Previous Works:
https://www.comixology.com/Wormlamp-...N1bHRzU2xpZGVy
​Example Page:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18Sx9q4DdswNtfG3XXBVm58mdosQV9uqK?usp=sharing
gekko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
gekko15

gekko15 is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

I will no longer be accepting any applications. Further correspondence will be via e-mail.
Thanks again to everybody who responded.
gekko15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artist, comic, for hire, paid