Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
joe_kach

joe_kach is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up [PAID] Artist or art team wanted for 22-Page Comic (1st of 4-issue Mini-Series)

Hello all! Let's jump right into it...

PROJECTÖ

The project is for the first issue of a 4-issue mini-series. Itís a suspense thriller set in a modern day city similar to Los Angeles. It follows a stuntman, his family, and his best friend getting caught up in a mistaken identity conspiracy that sends them down some dark roads with deadly results. Itís not a superhero story per se, but it does feature a masked vigilante as a side character. Also: itís awesome.

While this is the first of a proposed 4-issue mini-series, we are asking that the artist be open to continuing with the series. Weíre going to take it one issue at a time and only focus on Issue #1 now. The plan is to release the issues digitally in color, and then create print copies to sell at cons and/or online. I was hoping to have the first issue ready to roll by early October, but Iíll be happy as long as we get it out by the end of the year.

The script to issue #1 is done, as are the outlines for #2-4. The script to issue #2 is in-progress. Iíve already designed the main characters, but looking forward to seeing tweaks done by the artist.

The major influences inspiring the comic vary widely. Batman Begins, Netflixís Daredevil, Kick-Ass, and Nemesis on the comic front, but itís mainly inspired by Ď80s action films such as Lethal Weapon, 48 Hours, and Die Hard and television programs like The Shield and Justified.

JOB AND PAYÖ

I need an artist or art team (pencils, inks, colors)! Iím looking for people with strong communication skills, ready to check in regularly. I want the art team to be as excited about the story as the writers and apply the same level of passion. Thereís no strict deadline, but I am hoping to see 3-4 pages per week once contracts are in place. The art can be digital or traditional (for pencils and inks).

I have a budget of up to $100 USD per page for the art (which roughly breaks down to up to $50 for pencils, $25 for inks, and $25 for colors) and around $100-$125 with the cover. If I find someone who can do all three, great. If itís a team, thatís great too. I am also open to negotiating creator rights with an artist depending on input, quality of art, and experience. Please keep in mind the $100 per page budget includes character design tweaks and thumbnail generation. The issue is a total of 22 pages plus one cover.

I am open to working with the artist(s) regarding how they want payment via PayPal (from a bank account). I would prefer to pay per page or page bundle upon completion (within 3 days), but, again, terms can be set by both parties. Letís talk!

Iím also flexible on final art, though 400dpi TIFF files would be ideal.

HOW TO APPLYÖ

Please contact me at id.comic.art@gmail.com with some information about yourself and a link to your online portfolio. Attachments are OK, but would prefer links. If you've done professional or published work, let me know! I may also ask for references.

ABOUT MEÖ

Iím Joe Kach an Executive Editor at MightyVille.com and an avid comic reader for the last 25 years. I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering, but minored in Screen and Playwriting. I have previously had a 1-page Transformers story published by IDW. I created this story, and wrote the script with some assists from Sam Moyerman, a writer at MightyVille.com and former writer at BrokenFrontier.com who has been published in a few anthologies.

OTHER STUFFÖ

I just want to re-iterate: This is a passion project, so Iím looking for an enthusiastic artist or team! The first thing I will ask you to do is read the script and make sure you love it as much as I do.

---
That's all! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out. Cheers!

--J.
joe_kach is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
joe_kach

joe_kach is on a distinguished road

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for your overwhelmingly wonderful responses! An artist has been chosen for this project. Should anything change, I'll re-post. We are STILL evaluating colorists, though!

--J.
joe_kach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art jobs, colorist, comic art, inker, penciler