Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 09-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Thor parody

A little Thor parody, prompted by reading Walt Simonson's "Saga of Beta Ray Bill" recently --- the classic Thor storyline he wrote and drew in the early '80s.

I would like to continue it at least as far as "part two", to get to the point of actually meeting Beta Ray --- but then again, it may go on the backburner, at least for a while, as I try to develop some other project ideas.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

hahaha, oh man!!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Did you ever read that old Beta Ray saga, Paul? It's a hoot, fer sure... Simonson's early work just crackled with energy and vitality.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
TimR

I need to dig up a few issues of it I had as a kid, to see the original colors again. Didn't fully appreciate it at the time... They were my older brother's comics... but I did find it fascinating, that strange alien design of Bill.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #5
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

No. I wish I had. I didn't pay enough attention to the Thor or any of the Avengers.

I spent my few dollars on Spider-man and Fantastic Four.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
TimR

Yeah I was never a big Thor fan either. But Simonson at least is worth checking out if you're not too familiar, imo.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 PM   #7
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

I don't know the original but this is great. I really like your cartoony style.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
TimR

Thanks artsnake, that's very encouraging. I felt it was an improvement over some of my previous, but I'm a little too close to be objective.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, wow! You did it again TimR! Funny stuff. Excellent buddy!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #10
TimR

Thanks panday! Appreciate the support!