Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 10-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #1
midknight
Armando Batista

midknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nice

Some pages

thanks for looking

blog
midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Your work is getting alot better.
Less hazy soft edges, less muddy colours

Alot easier to read and see focus points etc.
Looking pretty damn good!

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

these are looking better. the panels with at least one clear focus spot work well. With out the one clear focused area It looses me.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
midknight
Armando Batista

midknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nicemidknight is just really nice

So going less painterly and more graphic is the answer.

blog
midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:41 AM   #5
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I think (my opinion) that is it knowing when to have a sharp hard edge and when to leave it soft and hazy.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

I think your painterly approach is great but...

first page panel one; great composition with all those guns pointing at your main subjects but when I look close at the picture the main subjects are blurry. One to the left looks like a blob head and the others are not much clearer. If you left every thing as it is but made the three characters crystal clear, I mean one should be able to look close and see which direction their eyes are looking kind of detail, it would look like the camera if focused on your main subject.
The guy to the left pointing the gun and you can see his face, I can see the necklace but his face is a mess.

panel two; again the composition is good but the pay off is lost, the girl and the guy in the chair should be as clear a you can make them. Even if you were going to have their faces darkened for some story reason those two figures should be clear as you can make them. Your whole composition is leading one to look at that guy and girl so give me all the detail I could want to tell me who or what we are looking at. I am going to lean in and really focus on that guy so give me lots to look at clearly.

Panel three; these two guys looking into each others eyes but one guy has no eyes. Again the very thing one would be looking at to read the situation is not even there. If the character has no eyes I would approach it differently.

I could go on like this most of your panels. They are mostly fine but the pay off is blurry.

Your rule of thumb should be the main subject in each panel should be as clear as you can make them. If you have a main character with their face visible at all that face should be as readable as you can make it even if it is at an extreme angle in shadow.

You art is great. Composition is excellent colour is great. Keep it up and keep pushing.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! Good solid work. I love everything: art, atmosphere and storytelling wise. The monster is a great design!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote