Batman

Batman done in inks and pencils

ruvel.abril@gmail.com
Raventongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

other than my first thought was that he kinda looks like hes bare chested under that cape...I dig it.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

From the neck up I was amazed...the bat boobs kinda messed with me though....
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I agree. I think having some shadow under the clavicle and hinted at between the pectoral muscles would really help. Maybe even some texture or seams on the suit itself. I really like the idea and how the face is rendered.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

yeah...I think if you take out some of that shading going from the bottom of the pecs up and in towards the sternum, that will help flatten out his pecs and make it look a lot more masculine.
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #6
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Wow, this is really cool. I love the composition and the strong inking. i do agree that the chest area is a little distracting and hurting an otherwise awesome portrait of the dark knight. But overall, my initial reaction upon seeing it was "damn, this is sweet!"
Old 04-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I hate to be "ditto" guy... but I love this, except that his pecs looked a bit more like boobs than I was expecting. On the plus side, that means you're good at rendering depth, because this definitely does not look flat!

Tags
batman, black and white, dc comics