Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 12-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

okay fellas, a GOOD image hosting site?!?

so I have always used photobucket, but the size limitations are pissing me off.

so what is a good site, free, that I can post and link images HERE on DW where I can have the size be bigger and clearer than the bullshit that comes out of photobucket?

I used to think that it was NOT possible from Deviantart, but apparently that has changed and there is a way, but I have tried to link them, and I know its a trick to make that work right, but I cant figure it out.
can someone explain how to link images from Deviantart in like little kid speak so I can figure out how to make it work?

ANY help would be appreciated... I mainly need this help so I can post up the final art of the Xmen project and I want to make the pages larger to people can see the detail in all its glory from all these artists.

HELP

ROB
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

I'll say that if you use Deviant Art, people who are at work, or behind a rowdy firewall of some kind may not be able to see the images.
Same goes for Photobucket...
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

On DA just right click on the image and select 'Copy Image URL'. Paste that in the image box in your comment and your done.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
On DA just right click on the image and select 'Copy Image URL'. Paste that in the image box in your comment and your done.
see...I thought I did that..but maybe I didn't do it right. im at work but im gonna go try it right now...

..be right back...

rob
OKAY...see...I remember now someone saying the same thing about "copy image URL". but when I right click, this is all that comes up. am I just dumb and doing it wrong?!? where do I find the 'copy image URL' ??? dammit it all..

Last edited by Rob Norton; 12-17-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: trying to figure this out dammit
Old 12-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Ha. It's a crap shoot if I can see images on Deviant.

Allow This Page ... nope

Allow This Page ... nope

Allow This Page ... nope

Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig View Post
Ha. It's a crap shoot if I can see images on Deviant.

Allow This Page ... nope

Allow This Page ... nope

Allow This Page ... nope

same here...usually cant....
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton View Post
see...I thought I did that..but maybe I didn't do it right. im at work but im gonna go try it right now...

..be right back...

rob
OKAY...see...I remember now someone saying the same thing about "copy image URL". but when I right click, this is all that comes up. am I just dumb and doing it wrong?!? where do I find the 'copy image URL' ??? dammit it all..
I didn't get a chance to test this last night. What browser and OS are you using?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
nams

nams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the rough

I used to use Imageshack, then I changed to DA and didn't noticed there were problems with that site... I just go to the "download" button it goes to a link where only the Image apears without the DeviantArt layout. Then I copy the Url and embed it my message.

It has been working fine, or so I thought...
nams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I didn't get a chance to test this last night. What browser and OS are you using?
well...at that particular moment I was using the work computer, which are notoriously outdated. I never got a chance to try it at home, which I will do tonight hopefully.

rob
Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza has disabled reputation

I can post images from my blog, get a blogger account, it's easy and the images are never tampered with.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #11
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

Click on properties. Highlight the link there and done.

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #12
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, at least so far I haven't had any issues posting pics from my Wordpress blog.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #13
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...or-d89mlgq.png

dammit

I tried that just now PONYRL, and the above link is what happened.... no image. again, I am doing this from a lame work computer
Old 12-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #14
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

Did you put the [img] [/img] before and after the link?

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #15
Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Korslund View Post
I'll say that if you use Deviant Art, people who are at work, or behind a rowdy firewall of some kind may not be able to see the images.
Same goes for Photobucket...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton View Post
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...or-d89mlgq.png

dammit

I tried that just now PONYRL, and the above link is what happened.... no image. again, I am doing this from a lame work computer
You are using the url tags in that post. Try again with the img tags.