Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 03-31-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Template for Writing Script

Question for writers: Is there an industry standard template for writing script that can be downloaded for FREE?

The reason I asked is because I've seen scripts through the years that I've worked in the industry, the scripts I received are pretty much the same format either from different publishers. I would like to take a stab on scripting of some of my short stories.

Really appreciate your support. Thank you.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Dario, you can look into a writing program called Scrivener. It's almost a hybrid of Word and Final Draft, but it also features templates for comic book scripts.

However, I have always used the Dark Horse format, which is clean and easy to use: lowercase panel descriptions, dialogue in all caps. I've seen some write their panels in all caps and it I don't know how anyone can read that without going mad. I'm sure you're well-versed with DH stuff. given the old Star Wars days.

I don't think there is really one industry standard. I haven't come across one. As long as the information is clearly understood by the team, that'd be most important.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #3
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

And you can also refer to this reference website for script samples, in case you more examples.

https://www.comicsexperience.com/scripts
Old 04-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13 View Post
Dario, you can look into a writing program called Scrivener. It's almost a hybrid of Word and Final Draft, but it also features templates for comic book scripts.

However, I have always used the Dark Horse format, which is clean and easy to use: lowercase panel descriptions, dialogue in all caps. I've seen some write their panels in all caps and it I don't know how anyone can read that without going mad. I'm sure you're well-versed with DH stuff. given the old Star Wars days.

I don't think there is really one industry standard. I haven't come across one. As long as the information is clearly understood by the team, that'd be most important.

I've checked out Scrivener and I don't think I'm in that level to subscribe. I'm also checking my Dark Horse copies of the script form my Star Wars days. That should be helpful to get started. Thanks Joshua!
Old 04-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #5
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft13 View Post
And you can also refer to this reference website for script samples, in case you more examples.

https://www.comicsexperience.com/scripts
Thanks as well, I checked this site and really have helpful tips and samples. I did googled some FREE download and I hit one professional writer's website. There was a script sample that was formatted that I downloaded for free. It's pretty much what I'm looking for. Again, appreciate for your helpful information.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #6
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
I've checked out Scrivener and I don't think I'm in that level to subscribe. I'm also checking my Dark Horse copies of the script form my Star Wars days. That should be helpful to get started. Thanks Joshua!
I did give Scrivener a try, myself, but decided it was much easier to just use Word.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #7
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

You can't go wrong with Words. The good thin the template I got was formatted for Words so it's perfect!