Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 03-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #91
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofOSlsNz5I8
Haha. It's about whatever you want your story to be. Whatever you want to tell in different genres, is all up to you.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #92
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!
It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #93
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.
see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?
Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #94
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?
That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.

What do you think, Eduke?
Old 03-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #95
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I second that idea good sir.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #96
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.

What do you think, Eduke?
My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #97
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.
I just thought that it would be a good idea to add a comics section in this forum so readers or subscribers can read comics for free. At the same time help showcase a lot frequent creators here, professional or novice alike, who'd like to show their works without going through the submission process like comixology or any other webcomics hubs. Plus it helps advertise DW if you'd get lots of visitors and exposures.

What about making it widescreen format instead so it's still good if one decides to go to print. This way it's full page format instead of half-page only? It was done before in GraphicSmash & WebComics Nation back in the days. It's horizontal 8.5X11 format. Would that fit?

Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #98
eDuke

See! I like that! That's what I was envisioning. But, you guys are ultimately in charge of how you want it presented. I'll create a sub-section on this site from the main page for "Online Comics by DW Forum Creators" and we can push 'em.