Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #91
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap
 
pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,326
pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofOSlsNz5I8
Haha. It's about whatever you want your story to be. Whatever you want to tell in different genres, is all up to you.
__________________
Dario Carrasco Jr.
Website: Panday Studio. Also check my recent works at DeviantArt
Joe Doogan BLOG
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #92
eDuke
Registered User
 
eDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,056
eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
I think I got it! This anthology should be about NOTHING!

What kind of stories? No stories. Nothing.
What about artwork? No artwork. Nothing.
An anthology about nothing!
It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.
__________________
Ed Dukeshire / Digital Webbing / Letterer
Twitter: eDukeDW | Instagram: ed.dukeshire
eDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #93
12013
Rob Norton
 
12013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: utah
Posts: 657
12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
It's not an anthology. Seems no one could agree to a group project so I just tossed out the option of people putting together their own comics and if you needed a place to showcase them, I'd create an place to showcase them. It's not much, but that's all I got to offer.
see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?
__________________
My art here...for anyone that wants to see..
https://robnor101.deviantart.com/gallery/
12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #94
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap
 
pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,326
pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
see this I like. id LOVE to see people own original comics and stuff. I have a bunch of stuff ready to go, or very close to ready to go. BUT, its all drawn and done on traditional 11x17 pages and not designed to be split in half like was said needed to be done, (if im understanding what was said correctly). is that gonna throw a wrench in what we do, if the drawn art isn't designed to be cut in half like that?

or am I way off in my understanding?
That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.

What do you think, Eduke?
__________________
Dario Carrasco Jr.
Website: Panday Studio. Also check my recent works at DeviantArt
Joe Doogan BLOG
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #95
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Nowheresville, New Zealand
Posts: 6,503
sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I second that idea good sir.
__________________
Have a look at all my other work.... you won't regret it.
Well you might, but do it anyway!

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #96
eDuke
Registered User
 
eDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,056
eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
That's also what I'm going to ask here. It might be tough to get the half layout on 11X17 as I use the same size for my comics. I also like to design my panels as appropriate with the sequences.

I think if there is a site here, showcasing a short preview, it may not matter how it's formatted. I'm looking at the comixology sample. Readers can zoom in and out on the page regardless. just my thoughts.

What do you think, Eduke?
My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.
__________________
Ed Dukeshire / Digital Webbing / Letterer
Twitter: eDukeDW | Instagram: ed.dukeshire
eDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #97
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap
 
pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,326
pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
My honest opinion, if you guys want to do traditional comics, then you should really push them through ComiXology because you'll probably get more potential exposure there.

The only reason I chose with the half page size is because it fits on the screen better. But there's nothing stopping you guys from just posting the full pages here in the forums if you want.
I just thought that it would be a good idea to add a comics section in this forum so readers or subscribers can read comics for free. At the same time help showcase a lot frequent creators here, professional or novice alike, who'd like to show their works without going through the submission process like comixology or any other webcomics hubs. Plus it helps advertise DW if you'd get lots of visitors and exposures.

What about making it widescreen format instead so it's still good if one decides to go to print. This way it's full page format instead of half-page only? It was done before in GraphicSmash & WebComics Nation back in the days. It's horizontal 8.5X11 format. Would that fit?

__________________
Dario Carrasco Jr.
Website: Panday Studio. Also check my recent works at DeviantArt
Joe Doogan BLOG
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #98
eDuke
Registered User
 
eDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,056
eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

See! I like that! That's what I was envisioning. But, you guys are ultimately in charge of how you want it presented. I'll create a sub-section on this site from the main page for "Online Comics by DW Forum Creators" and we can push 'em.
__________________
Ed Dukeshire / Digital Webbing / Letterer
Twitter: eDukeDW | Instagram: ed.dukeshire
eDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1997-2015 Digital Webbing, LLC