Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 11-08-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
TheRealityComics

TheRealityComics is on a distinguished road

Looking for GREAT artistic storytellers (no pay but 50% ownership)

Hi. I've posted the below previously. I now have 5 artists potentially on board but need more.

* PLEASE FEEL FREE to post ANY questions about the below. I will reply to everyone. You can also message me privately if you like. Portfolio links helpful of course. THANKS!*

I'm looking for several artistic collaborators.

I'm in the nascent stages of a very big multi-book comics project.

ALL artists will own 50% of any book (and thus characters they work on). The genre is (mostly) superheroes, but I've a different approach to them.

If you like drawing monsters, I've a book for you.
Want to draw Robots? I've got one.
Superheroes? Yup.
Hot chicks? Sure!
And more.

I've a whole host of characters/teams for you to choose from. Your input will be needed and valuable on all the characters on which you work. And we will, as a group, discuss our options for getting the projects out there.

At the start, you will NOT be required to draw more than about 5 pages.

Your time and mine are valuable. So I'm trying to make this as easy as possible -- but still professional.

So it's a 50/50 collaboration but no pay.

SO what kind of art? Stylistically, I am VERY open. My only prerequisite being that you're a truly good artistic storyteller. The ability to tell a story artistically seems to be lost on many comic book artists (and editors) today.

I know this is all very vague, but, if you're intrigued, please link me to your portfolio (comics storytelling samples a must), and I will send a private message to anyone I'm interested in discussing it all further.

Me: I've worked with both Marvel and DC in minor capacities and have been an editor in and out of comics. I helped Malibu Comics in the '90s develop a couple of deals. I was at Vertigo in its earliest days. I've had projects solicited by both Marvel and DC which were greenlit in some cases but didn't come together for reasons of which I've no control. I've also worked in film and was even asked by a major studio to write up a film treatment for a major superhero franchise.

So please link me to your work. If I like what I see, I'll put your name on the list. When I'm ready, the next step is that I send you an non-disclosure agreement. After that, you get a list of characters w/brief descriptions; you tell me which ones sound interesting, and I send further details.

Also, PLEASE, if you might know other artists (or even game developers) looking for a collaborative project, forward this on! Thank you!!

The Reality.
TheRealityComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
TheRealityComics

TheRealityComics is on a distinguished road

Thanks to the artists who've replied! Looking for more artists -- please refer your friends, but be sure to read the above!
TheRealityComics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art jobs, artist call, artist needed, comic book artist