Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Movies and Television

Old 09-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

New Robocop movie trailer

I'll let you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

My opinion:

IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT! <---

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

It's questionable, but it does look better than anticipated.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Aaron Walther
Writer Guy

Aaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to allAaron Walther is a name known to all

This movie wishes it was Dredd sooooo bad.
Aaron Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Co.Inkadink

BOO! I hate that his wife knows and he seems to know he's human. It takes away all the conflict.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
Nitecrawlah2
of Earth-3

Nitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud of

Honestly the trailer looks much better than I expected. Granted, I think the trailer shows about 85% of the movie already, and Robocop was one of those movies that had that unique sarcastic tongue in cheek overtones of itself within the movie (socioeconomical satire and all) that this movie sure looks to eliminate by taking itself too seriously. The new suit looks awesome, and I geeked out when they showed the classic color variant before they decided to give it a black paint job. Looks like a great cast, crap movie or not I'm sure I'll give it a go in theaters. I hope it has some of that Dredd vibe from that previous flick to give it that extra ooomph.

Nitecrawlah2 on XBox Live

Mario on Facebook

News, Notes, Ninjas and Nonsense
Nitecrawlah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

Dredd was excellent, I really enjoyed it all the way through, though it really didn't have anything before it to steer it in any direction (OK, a lot of influences, but the previous Dredd movie really didn't capture the tone like this new one did).

This, however, looks pointless. It's based on a movie that, in my opinion, wasn't that good anyway. Robocop was always interesting for it's effects at the time, but really, the movie was nothing special. In that respect, this version looks like it's following suit, just another 'filler' in the cinemas. I get the nostalgia thing, and I love The Expendables movies because of their referencing all those old 80s/90s action films, but for me Robocop was never that special, and this film doesn't have much to live up to.

Besides all that, the weirdest thing for me is just how boring it looks. We've already seen Robocop, we've already gotten over the excitement of seeing a man in a robot suit. That was 26 years ago. So what can this film possibly do that will excite audiences now? It looks like a film that should have been made as a sequel back when the original came out - it doesn't seem to offer any ounce of excitement at all.
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Justice41
Piss Off

Justice41 has disabled reputation

Meh The trailer looks kinda like a mix of Will Smith's IRobot and Universal Soldier. Both horrible flicks. Plus it suffers from that too clean look like it's all plastic and just made when it comes to sets. Plus i despise the 45 degree POV camera shots. That typea camera shot just tells me amateur at the helm. Want to see over use of 45 degree POV cam watch Halle Berry's Catwoman.
Justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Well, if they're going with technophobia, maybe they could have something. But I still think Robocop is an 80s movie, and could have only ever been made in the 80s...you know, when violent crime actually was an epidemic, and movies were over-the-top violent.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
sevans
www.artofevans.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Robocop had a nasty, violent vibe to it (as mentioned above), and a lot of sarcastic commentary about society. It wasn't PC and wasn't trying to appeal to the masses.

This looks like a softened version.... which to me, misses the point.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.artofevans.nz

https://www.instagram.com/artofevans/
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
Moonrider
Registered Abuser

Moonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud of

I'm sure this will be a hit overseas.
Moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
sevans
www.artofevans.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I'm overseas, New Zealand to be exact, and most people that I know who have seen this trailer are NOT impressed.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.artofevans.nz

https://www.instagram.com/artofevans/
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Comix Obsession
Missing In In-Action

Comix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of lightComix Obsession is a glorious beacon of light

I doubt they will go with the same level of violence with the infamous gang massacre scene that they did in the original. That's still shockingly violent. It looks to me like they are going more '12a' (PG13) with this one.

Either way, like I said, Robocop has always been kind of 'meh' to me. It's the kind of film you'd flick over to during commercials whilst watching something better. It's not got the charm of a lot of 80s action films for me - it's just violence, violence, violence.
Comix Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #13
Grant Perkins
@TheGrantPerkins

Location: Doxxville, with Dwayne, Nigel, Bones and Zombie Dave.
Grant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to beholdGrant Perkins is a splendid one to behold

Of course it wishes it was Dredd, the original Robocop movie started life as a Judge Dredd movie pitch.

To Ganymede and Titan,
Yes, sir, I've been around
Grant Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Seeing if this works.

Looks like it does. New message code added; youtube
Use it just like the IMG tag but you'll only need the code after the "v=" YouTube gives you.

Example: You only need the highlighted blue text
Code:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JFwECL0Vh6U
This is what you post: but replace { with [ and } with ]
Code:
{youtube}JFwECL0Vh6U{/youtube}
Later on I'll create a YouTube icon in the Advanced message posting interface (right next to the insert image icon) to help make it easier for peeps that don't want to enter BBCode manually.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #15
Nitecrawlah2
of Earth-3

Nitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud ofNitecrawlah2 has much to be proud of

Nitecrawlah2 on XBox Live

Mario on Facebook

News, Notes, Ninjas and Nonsense
Nitecrawlah2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cop, robo, robocop, your move creep