Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 05-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

2 page sequence

Long story short: I was supposed to write and draw a comic last year but it ended up not happening. So I took some of the layouts I had already done and made a short 3 page sequence from them. I got to 2 pages before I had to put it away for other stuff. Thanks for looking!

DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

cool. too bad you couldn't finish it.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:42 AM   #3
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

These are really good pencils. You only need to add colors without even inking because they are tight enough. If you get a good and pro colorist, you can turn these into amazing comic pages.

I agree with PB...too bad that you cannot work on this anymore. I too was affected by the pandemic that two of my paid projects late last year were cancelled and on top of it I lost my part time job.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
DCdraw

Firstly, that totally sucks that you lost work from the pandemic. I am really sorry to hear that.
For me, all this had transpired last year before the pandemic...the project had been cancelled on me twice. And me being butthurt about it, cobbled this from my layouts just because I hated putting any amount of time into it and having nothing to show for it. And by the time I was onto page 3, the disgruntled feelings started so I just cut it short.
Since then I've been doing short sequential stuff here and there....including working on my own thing, a sci-fi pro wrestling comic...which actually isn't too far removed from the pages I posted here.
Thanks guys!
Old 05-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
sevans
www.artofevans.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

sci-fi pro wrestling comic...in your style.
Hell yes!

Time to layeth the smack down!

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.artofevans.nz

https://www.instagram.com/artofevans/
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
DCdraw

haha thanks sevans!
Old 05-23-2020, 12:57 PM   #7
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Phenomenal work as always..

One neat thing about sequential work, it brings out visual scenes or ideas that probably wouldn't ever be the subject of a solo illustration. As well as, the juxtaposition of images has a different effect from illustration.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
DCdraw

Thanks Tim!