Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 03-17-2020, 12:27 AM   #16
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

jakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to behold

jakebilbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:04 PM   #17
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

jakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to beholdjakebilbao is a splendid one to behold

Old 03-25-2020, 03:37 AM   #18
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

Old 03-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #19
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

Old 04-03-2020, 06:04 AM   #20
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

Old 04-03-2020, 05:15 PM   #21
sevans
www.artofevans.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I might have to stop looking at your work.

It's too damn impressive, your making me feel bad/lazy/untalented.

Awesome as usual.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.artofevans.nz

https://www.instagram.com/artofevans/
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:13 AM   #22
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I might have to stop looking at your work.

It's too damn impressive, your making me feel bad/lazy/untalented.

Awesome as usual.
Hi Sevans,

I was hoping to inspire when I post my works. I hope they will inspire you to make more art

Old 04-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
JSS
The Wolf

JSS is on a distinguished road

Beautiful stuff Jake. really excellent.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:23 AM   #24
Mightypen

Mightypen is on a distinguished road

Awesome artwork!
Mightypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #25
jakebilbao
jakebilbao@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Old 06-30-2020, 01:15 AM   #26
TheRealityComics

TheRealityComics is on a distinguished road

Heya!

Your pages are REALLY strong; I love your artwork. Some input:

Page 1:
The insets on page 1 make it hard to know where the eye should look. I like the idea of the insets, but I'd move them up and to the left a bit.

While the rest of the page is great, and your facial expressions are fantastic, I would like to call your attention to the fact that nearly ALL of your panels are a medium shot at waist level. I'd recommend varying this a bit (w/out sacrificing story or timing).

Page 2:
Altho' you're doing what the script said, panels 2 & 3 should be transposed. It's very bizarre to have a guy get shot and THEN see the shooter pulling his gun/shooting.

The next two panels are confusing. I'm not sure who's standing and sitting, where they are or how they relate to what came before.

This brings me to another thought: Consider varying your line thickness & working on white/black balance. That can help characters stand out and make more clear stuff like who those 3 guys are.

Page 3:
Gorgeous.

Again, the inset is a little confusing b/c it's small and placed RIGHT on the jail cell. So you've a little square on top of something that is made of rectangles.

The choice to make panels 3,4,5 insets IMPLIES that scene is IN the local Jail WITH the sheriff. And that's exactly what I thought was happening -- that those 3 guys were storming the sheriff's office. There s/b a clear delineation.

It's also hard to see the kid running to tell him -- in BOTH panels.

That all said, check out my posting & use my e-mail addy if you'd like to talk:
https://digitalwebbing.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=181915
TheRealityComics is offline   Reply With Quote