Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 07-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Lightdragon

Lightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the rough

my pencil dump

been a few years since I was posting here. decided on doing penciling. an feed back would be appreciated.

Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
Lightdragon

Lightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the roughLightdragon is a jewel in the rough

more stuff.

Magick

supergirl (first attempt)

Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Lightdragon

Marv Pumpkinhead

the Thing

spiderman

Random horror stuff

Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
kdart

kdart has a spectacular aura aboutkdart has a spectacular aura aboutkdart has a spectacular aura about

nice pencils, the thing is the best
thats me
https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-dart/202582549872830
leave a like if youd like:-)
kdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Lightdragon

Wonder Woman

Old 08-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
Lightdragon

some attempts at Blue Devil

Old 08-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #7
Lightdragon

another pic of Majick

Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Lightdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdart View Post
nice pencils, the thing is the best
thanks.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Lightdragon

second Wonder Woman

Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Lightdragon

here's one of Irish mythology. Aine of Knockaine.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
nams

nams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the rough

Keep at it, you show lots of cool stuff and above all a commitment to the art form.

You will improve, just keep working as you have been.

Hope to see more from you!
nams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #12
MattTriano
Storyteller for Comics

MattTriano has a spectacular aura aboutMattTriano has a spectacular aura about

How old are you?
MattTriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Lightdragon
This message has been deleted by Lightdragon.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #14
Lightdragon

Cain from DC comics.

C&C is always welcome.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #15
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

If I could draw like you, I would feel like a king.

That said, your characters (in this thread, anyway), tend to lack visual depth, if I may characterize it that way. In the Cain shot, you spent more time detailing the face, compared to many of the smaller faces in some of the other images displayed here.

A giant Cain head is all fine and dandy, but what distinguishes it and sets it apart, visually, from all of the other Cain heads out there? His eyes aren't intense. His bottom lip looks pretty good. But, he lacks the personality that your Supergirl has, or that your Majik has.

Ah, Majik, a character that I know virtually nothing about (because I continue to age and to not keep up), she's worth looking at. Her face, her eyes, especially, speak volumes - and it's a face that's largely devoid of details.

Her horns look nice. Her hair has lots of flow and volume, but her eyes are her visual majesty. Her eyes, small as they are, are more visually interesting than everything else that you have posted in this thread, combined, thus far.

It's her eyes that sell her to me. You're gifted. You're very talented. But, you're so reserved in your output. Don't get me wrong. You're more than competent, as an artist. That's a pretty decent Grim Reaper, for instance. But, what does it do for me, visually speaking? Nothing. How many Grim Reapers have I seen over the course of my life? This one is quite unremarkable.

You play it safe, with your art. Again, I am only remarking about the very limited sub-set that you have chosen to display in this particular thread. I look at your small collection on display here, and the word conventional comes to mind. Your art isn't bad, but it is failing to visually impress itself upon me.

I am willing to go so far as to say that I think that you're a better artist than the majority of artists who post in the Digital Webbing forum. But, you are not giving us anywhere near your most remarkable level of talent.

Aine is a bit devilish. You bothered with a smidgen of background, when rendering her. I like that portions of her hair drape across her chest. I like that there is an erratic aspect to the quasi-glow that you have emanating from her. But, you refused to put her on full display.

I'm not sure if Wonder Woman is angry, or if her jaw is disjointed. Is she turning into an ape, where her face is concerned? Her mouth, as depicted, is visually annihilating her. A huge mass of hair has attacked her head. I hope that she can still claim victory, in spite of her tangled up mass of beast hair that you've saddled her with.

In that other image of Majik, the one with the blue tone to it, why are her lips so big? And, her horns, they don't look so good, here. She sports a humongous blade, but it has the visual impact of a toothpick.

I like that you included some sequentials. That's where the real visual money lies buried. But, your best artwork isn't in the sequentials on display. Why not? With sequentials, consistency is more easily discernible. As far as the paneling goes, your panels have the stench of visual death. They are plain Jane ordinary. I do note your meager effort to break outside of the panel. So, you know how to do it. You just chose not to do it (more often). Why? What do you hope to accomplish with your sequentials, by hemming yourself into such a boxed life? Quit making a square out of your art!

The images are somewhat blurry, but you clearly already possess a degree of capability, perhaps even a bit of mastery, when it comes to the rendering of special effects. Why in the Hell are you drawing giant heads, then?

You need to take Blue Devil, and fire him from that mannequin role that you've got him employed in. He's the Blue Devil, for crying out loud! Yet, he's less devilish than Aine. What a dainty chain that you've shackled him to, though. What's he wearing? Black leather? Spandex? Or just a bunch of wrinkled hand-me downs. You managed to feminize the Blue Devil. Congratulations!
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote