Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 02-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
AaronP

AaronP has a spectacular aura aboutAaronP has a spectacular aura aboutAaronP has a spectacular aura about

Featuring Daredevil and Punisher

Hi everyone. It feels great to be posting again. Anyway, this is an 8 pg portfolio hopeful. This was the product of a couple of hours brainstorming a "plot" and now that I've done all the work I hope it makes sense. So please leave a comment. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Very nice. lots of cool things going on here.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Magnus
An agent of chaos

Magnus is just really niceMagnus is just really niceMagnus is just really niceMagnus is just really nice

Love your thick and bold style. Heavy blacks and deep shadows. Still, the images are crystal clear. Brilliant.

A lot of great storytelling on these pages.

Submitted these pages to publishers?

:M:
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

I like these better than Frank Miller's!
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
AaronP

AaronP has a spectacular aura aboutAaronP has a spectacular aura aboutAaronP has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Paul and Magnus. Scribbly, you must have something against Miller. But really, thank you.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 PM   #6
Frankmillerfan

Frankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of lightFrankmillerfan is a glorious beacon of light

old skool...very cool!!!
Frankmillerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:00 AM   #7
newbold
nightshift manager

newbold is just really nicenewbold is just really nicenewbold is just really nicenewbold is just really nicenewbold is just really nicenewbold is just really nice

These are really awesome and fun!! Great work!!
newbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Magnus
An agent of chaos

Magnus is just really niceMagnus is just really niceMagnus is just really niceMagnus is just really nice

Aaron, if you're keen to illustrate a 8-page story for Outré, I've got a great script for you. Hit me up at outrepress2012@gmail.com and I can tell you more about it.

Outré is this: www.outrepress.com
I'm one of the editors.

:M:
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #9
jeffo46
BANNED

jeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to all

Definitely pro level work here. I would love to see your version of Batman ( the pre New 52 version of course ! )
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #10
mal

mal is on a distinguished road

Great, bold B&W and I "got" the story by the second read
mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #11
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
Thanks Paul and Magnus. Scribbly, you must have something against Miller. But really, thank you.
Miller's Daredevil was the best Daredevil.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
paoletto

paoletto is on a distinguished road

Ehi!! Great stuff Aaron!
Love your storytelling...and, also if is not my style I love your inking method!
Really a good job!
paoletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 AM   #13
Lord Fejj
Be water my friend...

Lord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud ofLord Fejj has much to be proud of

Love this style! Very nice!
Lord Fejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #14
Desaad

Desaad is on a distinguished road

Aaron, you really should be working regularly at this point.

Are you actively submitting your work to publishers and editors? Nate Cosby, for instance, is constantly looking for artists on twitter, and your stuff is right up his alley. I'm fairly friendly with a bunch of editors at DC, Vertigo, Marvel, and Monkeybrain and I think a number of them would be receptive to your work. Boom has a dedicated facebook page for people to post samples.

All the best. These pages are fantastic -- expressive, clean, impeccable storytelling. Selfishly, I'd love to work with you one day, but just generally I think you should be working regularly.

Best,

Deniz
teslanikolai1@gmail.com
http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com
Desaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
Wheeljack

Wheeljack is on a distinguished road

Great work here Aaron! I think a little hatchwork would really put these over the top. Then again, I'm addicted to cross-hatching.

Tags
daredevil, punisher